809 yards Oklahoma Whitetail

Beautiful country along the Canadian and the Black Kettle region.
I might live in Az (and I love it here), but Oklahoma will always be home. Born there and family lives there. I used to work in Tulsa for 7 years. I miss it every day. Oklahoma, not Tulsa. Haha

So I thought I had lost this, but here is the bullet that I shot the deer with. It was crazy that it came out the other side, and was just dangling by the skin. I weighed it on a cheap little scale I have, and it weighed 61.2 gr. So very close to 1/3 weight retention. It had a really nice mushroom shape to it too. Very pleased with the eldx so far. View attachment 240323View attachment 240324
I'm assuming that's just the jacket and the core separated.

4232FAF5-62BF-4EB6-B291-CC95A6DBCB1B.jpeg
F763D54A-3522-4C68-81C0-8E19CCC6437C.jpeg

I was lucky enough to go visit family in Oklahoma for thanksgiving, amid the rona and a busy work schedule. While I was there, my family gave me permission to hunt a large piece of their property. It was a little windy, a little cold, and it even snowed. But I stuck with it and found a decent buck to put my tag on. I glassed him on the neighbors property, but he was cruising the fence. I kept watching him praying he'd jump the fence. He got down to the last spot I'd be able to see him, before he'd likely be gone. He stopped, and faced the fence. Holy sh!t, there's a hot doe ****ing on the ground on my side of the fence. He jumped the fence and proceeded to push her down behind the **** on the edge of the property. I didn't have time to close the distance, so I ranged, dialed elevation for 809, and dialed windage for a left to right of 10 mph. I setup on my bipod and sand bag. Put the crosshairs behind his shoulder and touched it off. The 175 eldx from my 7 saum dropped him right there. Right through both lungs. What a trip, and what a nice buck. His g3 was broken on one side, but still a great buck. Can't wait to go back and pick up the mount!
View attachment 237718View attachment 237719View attachment 237720View attachment 237721View attachment 237722
Great shot and great buck. Will make a great mount

Oklahoma is a deer hunters dream. I hunt the Panhandle. Lots of nice bucks.

Just getting serious on the long range shooting. Had only shot game out to 535 yards prior to 2020. Now I've taken it out to 610 yard on a doe and 665 on an antelope doe this past season with a T/C Encore in 300 win.

Last season has me wanting to get a dedicated long range rifle, which has been ordered and will hopefully be here before summer is over. The rifle will be a 300 Win, BAT action, Krieger 1/9 twist 26" barrel, McMillian stock, trigger tech trigger, and it will be suppressed. It will be great for long range doe patrol overlooking multiple irrigated circles. We typically harvest over 20 each season, so this gun will be getting lots of use by everyone in the family. Now we will be able to sit back and harvest several in one evening.