800 yard mule deer heart shot

What's up everyone! Thanks for checking out our video. I wanted to begin this with a little background information as I know this will be a little controversial because of the distance of the shot. I want to start off by mentioning that our friend Nolan was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis earlier this year. For those of you who are not familiar, MS is a disease that effects the central nervous system causing a variety of symptoms including Double vision, muscle weakness, trouble with sensation, and trouble with coordination. Due to this debilitating disease Nolan, who is an avid outdoorsman and hunter has had to rethink the way he can hunt. When I found out Nolan had enough priority to draw for an antlered mule deer in my area I knew I had the perfect spot for him to have an opportunity at his first mule deer, but I also knew this spot could potentially only present a shot that would exceed any shot the average hunter would ever consider taking. After talking to Nolan about the potential to to seal the deal on his first Mule deer buck he jumped at the opportunity, applied for his draw and was successful in drawing a tag. After drawing the antlered mule deer tag we knew (replace with then )we needed to get to work and spent countless hours shooting out to 1000 meters with my semi custom 300RUM with hand loaded 220gr Hornady ELD-X bullets, and my gunworks br2500 rangefinder programmed for my custom loads. After many many rounds I was confident he could make an ethical shot at an outrageous distance if the opportunity presented itself. With all this being said I hope you enjoy the video and I hope anyone out there who doesn't think they can do something because of circumstances beyond their control gains some kind of motivation or hope from this video. Without further ado check it out!

Congratulations, Nolan. Tony The Tiger G-R-E-A-T shot!!! Be brave and determined with that MS. A cousin was diagnosed with MS July 7, 1971.......the day of my wedding rehearsal dinner....he was my best man. Lived a really good life til 68yo with it. Continue to play ball with us in a traveling Money Ball League around the MidWest states for years. Ran a dump truck fleet, and then a Hot Shot Delivery service for years. Other issues complicated his health. Would have done better had he consistently taken his meds and worked with the doctors directions. "Stubborn" was his nickname.....a two-edged sword...kept him going; needlessly complicated his issues. :) :) My 48yo daughter-in-law also has MS. Diagnosed 20 years ago with it October, 2000. To celebrate kickin' its *** for 20 years, last October 30, 2020, she ran her first marathon just under 4 hours in the New York City Marathon. Due to COVID crap, she actually ran in St. Louis over GPS verified course.......through Forest Park, through Dogtown, around The Hill (Italian neighborhood produced Yogi Berra and Joe Garigiola of MLB fame), around Tower Grove Park, past Anheuser Brewery (my son had to coax her to keep her from stopping in there for cold one), down Market past Union Train Station, around Busch Stadium (Home of the Cardinals), past the Old Court House (of Dred Scot trial fame), finishing under the St. Louis Arch. She actually ran 26.7 miles just to be sure she had the distance. Really great advances in treatment since my cousin's 1971 diagnosis. Life throws a mean curve ball. But, it can be hit out of the park. See the ball out of the pitcher's hand, read his grip and wrist snap, keep your eye on the ball, read the spin, see the contact, follow through, finish the swing......savor that home run trot. And, keep dropping those muleys.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Nolan. Tony The Tiger G-R-E-A-T shot!!! Be brave and determined with that MS. A cousin was diagnosed with MS July 7, 1971.......the day of my wedding rehearsal dinner....he was my best man. Lived a really good life til 68yo with it. Continue to play ball with us in a traveling Money Ball League around the MidWest states for years. Ran a dump truck fleet, and then a Hot Shot Delivery service for years. Other issues complicated his health. Would have done better had he consistently taken his meds and worked with the doctors directions. "Stubborn" was his nickname.....a two-edged sword...kept him going; needlessly complicated his issues. :) :) My 48yo daughter-in-law also has MS. Diagnosed 20 years ago with it October, 2000. To celebrate kickin' its *** for 20 years, last October 30, 2020, she ran her first marathon just under 4 hours in the New York City Marathon. Due to COVID crap, she actually ran in St. Louis over GPS verified course.......through Forest Park, through Dogtown, around The Hill (Italian neighborhood produced Yogi Berra and Joe Garigiola of MLB fame), around Tower Grove Park, past Anheuser Brewery (my son had to coax her to keep her from stopping in there for cold one), down Market past Union Train Station, around Busch Stadium (Home of the Cardinals), past the Old Court House (of Dred Scot trial fame), finishing under the St. Louis Arch. She actually ran 26.7 miles just to be sure she had the distance. Really great advances in treatment since my cousin's 1971 diagnosis. Life throws a mean curve ball. But, it can be hit out of the park. See the ball out of the pitcher's hand, read his grip and wrist snap, keep your eye on the ball, read the spin, see the contact, follow through, finish the swing......savor that home run trot. And, keep dropping those muleys.

thank you for your story and kind words. Hopefully medicine keeps advancing and this disease becomes a thing of the past!

Congratulations Nolan ! Spectacular shot! Abd to you for taking him ! Memories of a lifetime !!