800 yard mule deer heart shot

nathank

What's up everyone! Thanks for checking out our video. I wanted to begin this with a little background information as I know this will be a little controversial because of the distance of the shot. I want to start off by mentioning that our friend Nolan was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis earlier this year. For those of you who are not familiar, MS is a disease that effects the central nervous system causing a variety of symptoms including Double vision, muscle weakness, trouble with sensation, and trouble with coordination. Due to this debilitating disease Nolan, who is an avid outdoorsman and hunter has had to rethink the way he can hunt. When I found out Nolan had enough priority to draw for an antlered mule deer in my area I knew I had the perfect spot for him to have an opportunity at his first mule deer, but I also knew this spot could potentially only present a shot that would exceed any shot the average hunter would ever consider taking. After talking to Nolan about the potential to to seal the deal on his first Mule deer buck he jumped at the opportunity, applied for his draw and was successful in drawing a tag. After drawing the antlered mule deer tag we knew (replace with then )we needed to get to work and spent countless hours shooting out to 1000 meters with my semi custom 300RUM with hand loaded 220gr Hornady ELD-X bullets, and my gunworks br2500 rangefinder programmed for my custom loads. After many many rounds I was confident he could make an ethical shot at an outrageous distance if the opportunity presented itself. With all this being said I hope you enjoy the video and I hope anyone out there who doesn't think they can do something because of circumstances beyond their control gains some kind of motivation or hope from this video. Without further ado check it out!