$800.00 bucks and not a cent more

Iron Worker

What is better,Pentex 8x32 light seeker 30MM or Leapold 8.5 x 25 30MM.I have a B&L Elite 4200 6x24.At 500 yds squirrles look like dots.Now if its a cool day[no mirage] will Pentexes 32 power help me out? I've heard that one scope of 12 power is not the same as another scopes 12 power,is this true? Is there an "Industry standard"?
confused.gif
Night Force man thats $1,400 bucks,forget it!!!!

I'd go with a IOR for that amount of cash.
A used NF BR model may run around $800, but the cheapest I have ever seen online is about a grand, new...sakofan..But, Ive been wrong before.
grin.gif

Since i am always interested in a bargain on NF scopes, I went to the above website. What impressed me more than the NF, was the NIB Leupold 6.5-20 Vari-X III M1 Tactical for $792. I don't think you will miss the extra 5X on a quality scope like this. My problem with 32X is additional mirage and smaller exit pupil. My NF 8-32 is very seldom above 22X since this is where the NP1-RR reticle works. Good luck ... Mike

now i am of the opinion that one should buy a decent scope, if you spend an extra $500 on a scope today you won't notice the cach missing out of your wallet in 8 months time but you will notice that you bought a chap scope every time you look through the thing. Having said that, take a look at the Zeiss Conquest line of scopes, they have a lot of features, great glass and are reasonably priced, the only disadvantage bieng the 1inch scope tube.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.