7WSM vs 7mm Rem Mag

If you want a really hot 7mm, go with a 7mmSTW. I love mine. Also love my 7mm RemMags. I am working on some load progression with the Berger 168 VLD's. my current attempt was pure guess since I don't have my Berger manual yet (it's been ordered, but not sure if it has shipped). Anyone got a good load for 7Mags, 168 VLD's and H1000 for 9.5" twist barrels?

I have both the 7WSM and a 7 mag, the two built by Travis. Both rifles are extremely accurate. I have one of his special 7 mag chambers and that rifle runs 3056 fps with Retumbo and 180 bergers. I however have not been able thus far to get my 7 WSM to match the 7 mag load with 180 VLD's yet, still working on it. It shoots the 180's extremely accurate, but has yet to match the FPS.

I too want a load with the 168 VLD's in my 7 mag to use for antelope and will be working one up in the coming weeks, which I will post.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.