7WSM brass availability?

Forester

I don't usually post this kinda thing, but I have a build all but complete and the holdup is being able to buy 7WSM brass so I can prep them and have a reamer cut to match.

Has anyone seen the available anywhere?

Also, Large Rifle Magnum (or Match Magnum) primers would be nice, im past caring about brand anymore.

I don't usually post this kinda thing, but I have a build all but complete and the holdup is being able to buy 7WSM brass so I can prep them and have a reamer cut to match.

Has anyone seen the available anywhere?

Also, Large Rifle Magnum (or Match Magnum) primers would be nice, im past caring about brand anymore.

Cabelas almost always has Winchester 7mm WSM brass, but it seems like most people are actually opting for a 7mm 300WSM so that they can use Norma brass, have a longer neck and slightly less capacity.

Bill

Yeah, I really wanted to do a 7WSM, but I am tired of searching for the brass (Cabela's is out too) so I might just go the 7-300WSM route.

Ive never done a wildcat before, no time like the present.

I can get 20 bags at 50 pcs per bag this is winchester brass 7wsm. (New)

Bigbuck

I can get 20 bags at 50 pcs per bag this is winchester brass 7wsm. (New)

Bigbuck

If that was an offer to sell some then thank you very much, I think I have decided to go with the 7-300WSM at this point though. Better brass, cheaper to shoot, virtually identical performance, and a little easier on barrels maybe.

And I have never done a wildcat so no time like the present.

If that was an offer to sell some then thank you very much, I think I have decided to go with the 7-300WSM at this point though. Better brass, cheaper to shoot, virtually identical performance, and a little easier on barrels maybe.

And I have never done a wildcat so no time like the present.

You can fire form the 300WSM after necking in a 7 WSM chamber and have a standard
chamber and use the more expensive brass if you just want to use Norma brass.

That way you can have a rifle that you can buy standard ammo or Make your own.

The 7/300 WSM has less case capacity than a 7 WSM so you have to load harder to get
the same velocity .

Also there is no measurable difference in barrel wear .

I use the Winchester brass and it does fine as long as you don't load it hard . but the
Norma brass is not much tougher or I would use it.

With things being what they are shortages are a pain but there is brass that is available
just not like 2 or 3 years ago. Things will get better because people are just about stocked
up with re loading components, I see a lot more ammo and re loading supplies now than
6 months ago.

So it all boils down to weather you want a 7/300 or a 7 WSM.

Just though I would let you know that you had an option.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.