7WSM 180 Berger takes down two Grizzlies!

You can't shoot that close with Berger's, they don't work! ;p

Yeah, they're inconsistant at any distance and shot animals run away to be bear food. Were there any Berger bullets in the stomachs of those two griz? Thought they might have ate some acupunctured elk. :D

All jokes aside, great job taking some serious trophy animals. Congrats to you and your hunting buddies. It looks to me that you use the bullet you do for the same reasons I do. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

One more of my buddies Utah elk taken last night GAP 7wsm 180 vld

IMG950155_zps00217d97.jpg

Wow!! Am I jealous!! Nice going and congrats. That boy consists of mostly Balls and Horns. Reminds me of a saying we have while hunting. " I wish I had a pair like that.............. instead of these big ole ones I got" :D

Good Job!!

Jeff

Yeah, they're inconsistant at any distance and shot animals run away to be bear food. Were there any Berger bullets in the stomachs of those two griz? Thought they might have ate some acupunctured elk. :D

All jokes aside, great job taking some serious trophy animals. Congrats to you and your hunting buddies. It looks to me that you use the bullet you do for the same reasons I do. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

Pretty sure those grizz died of lead poisoning from all the bergers they ate that the THOUSANDS of heartshot moose,elk,deer and rockchucks had in them. Amazes me that according to the berger haters no animal was ever killed before "bonding" sectioning" " fusing" was available.

Darn nice Muley!!! Congrats!! Man you are a tough act to follow:D It's not in any way the bullets though.:rolleyes: It has to be the very clean brass from your STM system. I love mine by the way!!

Keep stacking them my friend. gun)

Jeff

Wow Skyking, you keep racking up some nice animals! Thanks for sharing your photo's!

What is the barrel contour on your 7WSM pictured?

Nice buck friend, but you have obviously failed to read enough big game hunting threads on the internet or you would know that the lowly 7 mag is not big enough to kill anything.
Fortunately the elk and deer where I hunt don't take time to read, so they don't know any better than to die when I shoot one with my 7mm or the dreaded .270.
Sorry... I just finished reading another load of gack from the internet wizards who mostly live in places you couldn't find an elk turd but know all about what it takes to kill them.
Must be after my bed time.

Great Buck! Looks like the weather cooperated for the hunting at least! Any reason you took your 7 WSM vs. some of the other 7mm choices? Love that rifle and when you get a chance, I sent you a PM with a few questions last week...after a few backstrap steaks of course!

Congrats!

Wow Skyking, you keep racking up some nice animals! Thanks for sharing your photo's!

What is the barrel contour on your 7WSM pictured?

It is a Bartlein #4

Jeff thanks for the kind words. Hey I am just trying to keep up with you and your 1200 yard kill. Nice work. I should have my 7/300win the first of next week. Also going to re-barrel my brothers 300win to shoot the 215 after reading your reports. So I might need to get your freebore numbers. Keep it up. I would like to think that having nice clean brass is the first step to accuracy. Let me know if you guys need anything I take care of you.

Cory

Jeff thanks for the kind words. Hey I am just trying to keep up with you and your 1200 yard kill. Nice work. I should have my 7/300win the first of next week. Also going to re-barrel my brothers 300win to shoot the 215 after reading your reports. So I might need to get your freebore numbers. Keep it up. I would like to think that having nice clean brass is the first step to accuracy. Let me know if you guys need anything I take care of you.

Cory

Call or PM me anytime. If I can help I will. The 215's really gave my 300 win a boost and some real accuracy at distance. The BC must be spot on too. Can't wait till we get our hands on some of the 195's for the 7mm-300's. That is going to be very interesting.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.