7stw

RCO

I need some advice with my grouping accuracy . I have 140ab with rl22 and 168vld with h1000 they both shoot 3/4 groups at 100yd but at 200-300 they spread 21/2 at 200 and 6inch at 300, any suggestion.

I need some advice with my grouping accuracy . I have 140ab with rl22 and 168vld with h1000 they both shoot 3/4 groups at 100yd but at 200-300 they spread 21/2 at 200 and 6inch at 300, any suggestion.

I just want to throw out there that you may not be having a loading or gun issue, but i am thinking that possibly your scopes parallax is not correct. I do not know what your scope is, but that is what comes to mind. I have been in that almost exact situation with another rifle. If your scope has non adjustable parallax, it is only typically accurate to 100 yards. After that, unless your cheek weld is perfect EVERY time, the groups will open. According to your data, you are more than double minute of angle. Typically, the VLD actually groups BETTER at 200, than 100, due to it not being settled until about 130 yards, then it groups. That is the only thing that jumps out at me. Try a scope swap!

Thanks, I have a trijicon 5x20 x 50 it does have parallax adjustment I will check the setting at longer range

I agree with 7stw. Something you can try is turn the power down. Its not a cure all, but you will see a difference.

Does not sound like a gun/load issue. Parallex at those distances is not even close to the spread you are getting. With the base accuracy and the scope you are using I don't thin Paralllex is the issue. My suggestion would be to really concentrate on your shooting and make sure every single part is the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.