7STW Brass

Feels like the STW is on the verge of obsolescence, with the lack of brass. Lots of new chamberings out there and the STW gets overlooked. Might see about using 8mm Rem Mag brass, necking it down, or re-forming .300 Weatherby. No matter, it's no longer 'cheap',,, but what is? Now days, if ya' wanna' ride, ya' gotta' pay.

Not a fan of Nosler brass (though i have never used their 7stw stuff, but 6.8spc brass is trash) and I am sure not paying over 2x what I can get it new from other sources.

Last edited:
Feels like the STW is on the verge of obsolescence, with the lack of brass. Lots of new chamberings out there and the STW gets overlooked. Might see about using 8mm Rem Mag brass, necking it down, or re-forming .300 Weatherby. No matter, it's no longer 'cheap',,, but what is? Now days, if ya' wanna' ride, ya' gotta' pay.

I'm considering rechambering my 7mm STW to 7mm PRC. We are moving from high powder charges to more moderate charges pushing high BC bullets. I think the 7mm PRC will be around for a while. I still have enough STW brass and a Brux barrel that's got another 800 rounds. When it burns out I'll move on.

New Guy here, though I have been lurking for years. I wanted to check and see if anyone had any 7STW brass they are willing to part with. Or if you know of a source. I am down to my last 40 or so rounds and they have 4-5 firings on them so I figured I better start looking for some more.
I have 115 new pieces of Hornady brass if you're still looking.

I have 200 new nosler brass and 400 new Remington brass I traded a guy who was gonna chamber a 7mm stw ai...I'm pretty sure he gave up on the ai project (even though he has the reamer). If my forming experiment with the Peterson brass works like it should I'll get rid of my nosler brass.

Recent Posts