7STW Accumark

slm9s

New to the safe. Bore looks pristine. Anyone have any favorite loads? I was thinking the 168 berger, 180 berger, or 162 amax. I think these have a 9.25" twist, will that stabilize the 180 at sea level?

I threw a 4.5-30 elite 6500 on her for load workup/LR shooting.

I've never adjusted a Wby trigger lighter, is it simple like a 700?

Any other thoughts or tips?
1zxnx1s.jpg

Nice looking rifle. I have read they are good shooters. You could base line it with the 160 grain Nosler Accubonds, then work from there with a load. As for the 180's, you can try and see if they gun likes them. It might, it might not.

That scope looks nice, looking at upgrading one of mine soon and that is on the list.

Have fun shooting.

Nice rig I really like my Accumarks I have 4 and owned a 5th. All are sub moa. attached is the owners manual for Markv trigger adjustment on pp15.

How old is the rifle the newer models have a little bedding in the lug recess and the older models I find shoot better with the lug recess bedded in the stock. For powders I would try H1000 or Retumbo. Make sure the stock is torqued to spec.

http://www.weatherby.com/media/weatherby/manuals/MARK V - USA.pdf

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Thanks for the link. Got my trigger from around 3lbs to 2.5.

One range trip so far. Stabilized berger hybrid 180s and shot them well, but I decided I wanted more of a hunting bullet so I'll try 168 hunting vlds next.

I had one that shot the the 160 TSX w/7828 into 1 ragged hole at 200. And really fast too. Don't have that one anymore..but I do have another Accumark in 7STW. It likes the 145 SPBT Speer over US896 and the 160 Accubond over Retumbo. I'm pretty sure you'll find they are 1-10 twist, mine is/was as that was the standard STW Spec.
Wish I had the other one though...great rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.