7ss Loading Questions

jsthntn247

I'm having trouble with consistency in my 7ss. I'm getting random pressure on some cases and fliers. I've noticed I don't have very much neck clearance. Loaded rounds measure .312 and fired rounds are .315 for the most part and .313 right near the end of the neck. In a fired case I have to force a bullet through the first part of the neck that measures .313 and then it will slide through the rest. What do y'all's necks measure? Could this be a cause of my issues?

Might be getting donuts at the neck shoulder junction that are screwing with your seating pressure. You can either ream them out to remove the donut or seat bullets further out. Unless you mean it's tight right at the case mouth?

Might be getting donuts at the neck shoulder junction that are screwing with your seating pressure. You can either ream them out to remove the donut or seat bullets further out. Unless you mean it's tight right at the case mouth?
Yes right at the mouth only

I would check the case OAL and see if they need be trimmed and if you're not seeing any coming out longer than they should be maybe take a casting of your chamber and verify the dimensions off of that against the reamer print for the neck length and clearance. It could be that your chamber was cut with a worn reamer and doesn't have sufficient length and/or clearance