7saum reamer print help

Crowe284

Somebody who knows more than me, break this reamer print down into laymen terms and help me understand what I'm looking at. The only information i provided was that I would be shooting the 180 gr Berger hybrid and it was being built on a long action. Then bam, I had this print. I just provided this information to the woman that answered the phone. She was taking notes as I was talking....don't know if it looks right or wrong....first reamer print I have ever looked at. Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 225
what do you want to know. you will end up about 3.110 touching. bearing surface will be well up in neck. you will get max case capacity. I will check my numbers tonight but your close to what I used for 195s

That's basically what I wanted to know. That seems like pretty long for the hybrid. Dosent look like it would give me much room to chase lands down the road. Do you think there is too much freebore there for the 180 hybrid?

what do you want to know. you will end up about 3.110 touching. bearing surface will be well up in neck. you will get max case capacity. I will check my numbers tonight but your close to what I used for 195s

Please excuse my ignorance but can you explain to me how you figured out it would touch with an OAL of 3.110? I would like to learn how

reamer length 2.045
freebore +neck chamfer .221
bullet nose 180 hybrid .852
equal 3.118 and usually end up .010-.015 shorter than that. it is more freebore than you need for that bullet but it is good to be setup for more than just one bullet. I shot the 180 hybrids that long till the barrel went south it will work just fine

reamer length 2.045
freebore +neck chamfer .221
bullet nose 180 hybrid .852
equal 3.118 and usually end up .010-.015 shorter than that. it is more freebore than you need for that bullet but it is good to be setup for more than just one bullet. I shot the 180 hybrids that long till the barrel went south it will work just fine

Gotcha. After I asked question i got to looking harder at print. I used the 2.266 measurement which looked like bolt face to where ogive would hit and added nose length. Came up with the exact same thing 3.118....surely not coincidence, just another way to look at it? So is the actual freebore in the print .204". **** that seems like a lot!!

yes .204 freebore. it will only leave .226 bearing surface in neck. plus what jump you use

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts