7SAUM Build - who would you call first?

Preece Precision. Garret Preece. He built my 7 Sherman Max. I had it built on a short action. No regrets at all. He will build whatever you request and it will shoot.

I think I have my heart set on a new build that will be a purposely built backcountry backpack gun to cover me from high country Deer & Elk to sheep & goats.

I have reached out to two reputable gun builders and both pushed me almost immediately to the 7WSM over the SAUM and a medium length action. I am pretty set on a short action with the build components below to run 168-175gr bullets in the SAUM. It seems that both builders have not had great luck with the SAUM and it turned out to be pretty finicky. Who is the 7SAUM expert builder out there? I do not want a bunch of trouble with this gun because I was married to the chambering and short action, but didnt listen to the experts...

Here is what I am thinking.

Lone Peak Fusion titanium or Defiance Anti-X in the short action foot print
22" Proof, Carbon 6, or Bartlien carbon barrel (will run suppressed a lot of the time)
XLR Element 3.0 magnesium in SA with folder & carbon components
175gr ELDX or the 175 Berger Elite hunter

Who would be on your speed dial to do the build?
I have one 7saum 168 berger shoots perfect shot quite a few elk no issues

Dallas Lane, Lane Precision Rifles. He has built two rifles for me with a third in the works. I have a 6.5 SAUM and a 338 LM improved. I've shot a few customs and some Gunwerks rifles. I'm still convinced Dallas has an equal or better product and the price is right. I've gotten the 6.5 SAUM to shoot 1/8 MOA at 400 yards with 5 shot groups a couple times. I just don't think you can get better than that. It blows my mind.

That 6.5saum is a great round. I can't believe how accurate it is also. My hunting weight 6.5saum shoots in the 1s regularly. It is fast becoming my favorite round. However I do expect the 7saum to be just as accurate and probably more versatile for hunting larger game.
Shep

Take a look at the Sherman 7SST and 7SS.
This ^^^. If you're heart is set on a short action consider a shorter cartridge. Rich has a whole bunch of info on these cartridges and why he built them in spite of the SAUM already existing and it's basically so that it would actually fit in a SA. He has head stamped brass available and dies specific to each cartridge and it's actually about the same or maybe less money than SAUM ADG brass. He has done a ton of work to keep these from being difficult to load wildcats. He rents reamers as well. As far as builders, Clayton Smith at WTO who has been mentioned is an awesome guy, can't go wrong with him.

I think I have my heart set on a new build that will be a purposely built backcountry backpack gun to cover me from high country Deer & Elk to sheep & goats.

I have reached out to two reputable gun builders and both pushed me almost immediately to the 7WSM over the SAUM and a medium length action. I am pretty set on a short action with the build components below to run 168-175gr bullets in the SAUM. It seems that both builders have not had great luck with the SAUM and it turned out to be pretty finicky. Who is the 7SAUM expert builder out there? I do not want a bunch of trouble with this gun because I was married to the chambering and short action, but didnt listen to the experts...

Here is what I am thinking.

Lone Peak Fusion titanium or Defiance Anti-X in the short action foot print
22" Proof, Carbon 6, or Bartlien carbon barrel (will run suppressed a lot of the time)
XLR Element 3.0 magnesium in SA with folder & carbon components
175gr ELDX or the 175 Berger Elite hunter

Who would be on your speed dial to do the build?
Easy answer for me, he has built me hunting and bench rest rifles. https://bryantcustom.com/

I'm getting a 7 sherman max built by straight jacket armory on a long action, have heard nothing but great things about them. Only thing, is lead time right now is crazy.

Travis Redell with RBros, my buddy just had a 7SAUM built and the thing shoots lights out, same ragged hole at 100y. Over 3000fps with Berger 180's in a 26". Dropping off my defiance ruckus SA, 26" proof 8.4 twist, AG chalk branch adjustable in a few weeks for my own 7SAUM.
Ditto on R Bros. His 7 SAUMs light weight hunter model shoots lights out like all of his rifles. He also gives you the load data to start with.

this is essentially the build I am/was considering. Talked to Dallas, among others. More than a couple have somewhat steered me away from the chassis part of it, toward a traditional stock. Cold, rattles, very thick when folded and therefore some packing issues, having to store the mag or keep track of it, and a rattling magazine were issues I have heard.
Anyone have any thoughts on that piece of it?