7rm all-round bullet

As luck would have it the 160 Partition and 180Berger shoot very close to poi at 350 yards. All I have to do is dope the 180 for further ranges.
The 160 partition aint meat friendly but a proven killer!

Ya, that's what I was thinking. But I thought that switching between 2 loads woulda kinda complicate things. Whats your system for that?
Just adjust your zero to go to long range target. Write those numbers down and you can switch back to hunting rounds easily. Then anything further is just a click away.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. But I thought that switching between 2 loads woulda kinda complicate things. Whats your system for that?
RE-Zeroing the Rifle for each Load and learning / Dialing TWO, Different,.. Drop Charts !
Hence Why, I have, a Deer Rifle and,.. an Elk, Rifle !
The 160 AccuBond would be your BEST choice to AVOID this,.. Headache !

i'm always a fan of the Barnes LRX... we harvest a lot of deer each year using them. Mule Deer and Whitetail. i've also taken elk with them. as i always say - shot placement is the ticket for quick kills. no need for multiple bullets/loads when you get it done right with the LRX. :)

I think the new Federal 175 gr Terminal Ascent bullet will answer your question

might see them by Spring/Summer 2022

D227D608-A8FB-4F54-88B8-BA21350E70C0.jpeg

Build a sticker with two zeros on it. You'll have to know the POI difference, build one, save all the settings, then build a second and change the 2nd or 3rd layer to pull it off, but it can be done.

I'm incapable of committing to anything enough to get an actual turret made.

I shoot a 280, so the little brother to your 7mm.

I have had great success w/ 150 swift scirocco and 140 Accubond in 7mm. I am sure the story is different in magnum cartridges, but I have taken deer and elk with the swift, and sheep with Nosler.

175gr Partitions out of a 20" with 8twist. If I see an opportunity at 800, then I would spot and stalk until I know there's no chance of a bad shot and loss of meat. If you want to shoot at steel then go for it. Doesn't matter what you're shooting, it still makes you a better shooter and more informed.
If you're worried about meat damage I would suggest not shooting it in the ***! LOL.
What state are you hunting?

I shoot Berger 168 VLDs, because they are accurate. I've used them on everything: javelina, deer, aoudad, elk. Barnes 160 gr. work great too, but aren't quite as accurate for me, and cost more. Hit them behind the shoulder, and meat damage isn't a big issue. I don't shoot long range, but they would work for that as well. Closest shots were 70 yards on an aoudad, and 200 yards on the javelina.