7mmX300 Winchester Magnum Vs 338 Lapua

375rifleman

I was just wondering how a 7mmX300 Winchester Magnum compares to a 338 Lapua at long range? Since a 300 Winchester Magnum is at or near the top of the TC Encore capabilities I was wondering how a 7mmX300 Winchester Magnum compares to a 338 Lapua? Are there other more suitable long range cartridges for the Encore?

I actually hadn't thought about the 264 Winchester Magnum. As I wanted to maximize the amount of remaining energy at extended ranges. Considering that 7mm is capable of increased bullet weights over 6.5mm bullets. Although you do make a good point. .284 VS. 264 just thinking about many purpose built 7mmX300 Winchester Magnum rifles built for long range target shooting.

Yeah tc used to chamber the 264 win in factory barrels. I know mgm still chambers them . And are fairly reasonable. They actually have a pile of chambering they can do with a few weatherby chamberings

Looking at cutting edge bullets I noticed their 140gr single feed Lazer with a bc of around .670 paired with a 264 Winchester could show some promise. But I don't know how it would ballistically compare to other magnum 7mm, 30 caliber, or 338 chamberings.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.