7mmSTW vs 7mm remington ultra mag

Heck I can't believe I read all of this thread. I swear it like going shopping for a new pair of shoes with my wife. "Which do you like best honey?"
LOL
Here's the deal cowboy, I've the 7RUM, and love it, got a buddy with the STW and he loves his.
So post some pics of the thumbhole and put a price on it. I'm Interested for sure.
Sorry i was in camp when you posted this im reading it first day out of camp ill show some more pictures soon as the wife wakes up hahaha. 4500 $ with the 5x25 match pro i can aford to put on it more if you want the realy high end glass like a NF or a Swarovski or whatever your preference but i will post more pictures soon

Heck I can't believe I read all of this thread. I swear it like going shopping for a new pair of shoes with my wife. "Which do you like best honey?"
LOL
Here's the deal cowboy, I've the 7RUM, and love it, got a buddy with the STW and he loves his.
So post some pics of the thumbhole and put a price on it. I'm Interested for sure.
The wife is up now

Attachments

• 20210616_062616.jpg
    20210616_062616.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 20210616_062556.jpg
    20210616_062556.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210616_062540.jpg
    20210616_062540.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
Awsome love the stock they sure look impressive theres a mercury tube in the one on the 7RUM i showed you pictures of i cant wait to get good glass on it .the one your son is shooting is a short action? What caliber. Nice rifle do you or he still have it?
Oh
He will have it after I'm gone.
220 swift. It's heck on coyotes. Just a rem 700 varmint that we trued up a little. .5 moa all day easy.

Oh
He will have it after I'm gone.
220 swift. It's heck on coyotes. Just a rem 700 varmint that we trued up a little. .5 moa all day easy.
Beautiful thats the only action ill use anymore and yes that caliber. Yesir sounds like a tack driver to me. Im thinking the next one i build may be a defiance action but they are a blueprint replica of a 700 action anyway with slightly tighter tolerances

100% accurate statement and cannot be disputed or picked apart, alls y'all can insert all the fluff you can ( recoil, barrel life blah blah etc,) ... but the 7mm RUM will aways prevail when it's "done right"
I don't dispute that but IMO It's a minimal gain for the work and money involved and the powder consumption in the RUM

I don't dispute that but IMO It's a minimal gain for the work and money involved and the powder consumption in the RUM
Well powder consumption alone shouldnt be the gauge for choosing a performance type cartridge.
Performance should be the gauge.
Anything less is what we as individuals are willing to accept for what ever reason.
Its at least a bit unfortunate that we live in an age where performance decisions can be made without leaving home or firing a shot.
It wasent always that way.
Aim them all at the same rock on the same hill on the same day.
The cream will always rise to the top, assuming of coarse it can hit the rock.

Well powder consumption alone shouldnt be the gauge for choosing a performance type cartridge.
Performance should be the gauge.
Anything less is what we as individuals are willing to accept for what ever reason.
Its at least a bit unfortunate that we live in an age where performance decisions can be made without leaving home or firing a shot.
It wasent always that way.
Aim them all at the same rock on the same hill on the same day.
The cream will always rise to the top, assuming of coarse it can hit the rock.
Powder consumption does not bother me a bit and I pack everything to the hilt, I've said numerous times in this thread that they are both fine rounds and I have had both a few times over but as I said earlier for the work and money involved and the powder consumption to make the RUM work it's a minimal return IMO

100% accurate statement and cannot be disputed or picked apart, alls y'all can insert all the fluff you can ( recoil, barrel life blah blah etc,) ... but the 7mm RUM will aways prevail when it's "done right"
Thank you the one statement that remains to stand out in my mind is Noslers own reveiw of the 7RUM states " the highest performing 7mm ever made commercially available "

I believe that most chamberings of the 7mm can be very impressive. When i set out to build an ELR rifle the 7RUM pretty much presented itself to me and I grabbed it. I was after the shock and awe efect with accuracy high on my list . Now that its almost done and ready to sell i think I've learned alot. Certainly not all but ill be doing things a little different on my next build . But this rum Certainly holds the shock and awe value and incredible accuracy and im not sorry i chose to build this rifle. Thank you all who are helping me on the road to enlightenment hahaha

Recent Posts