7mmSAUM

This is great information. I appreciate the input it appears that if I want to shoot heavier bullets that I will need a long action. Any input in this? Is brass available through Midway— when it is available.

This is great information. I appreciate the input it appears that if I want to shoot heavier bullets that I will need a long action. Any input in this? Is brass available through Midway— when it is available.
Long action is better although not 100% necessary. I've done both. But if starting from scratch then go long action

Yes, a long or medium action.
Shorts work also but running longer/heavier bullet will get tucked far down in the case which will result in less powder.
Brass is not going to be fun to get right now. ADG makes runs of it every so often and it get scooped up quick just like any other good brass.
"when it is available" If we all knew when that wouldn't make it fun.

Thank you for all of the information. It will make my decision on the weapon and loading much easier. It appears that if I want to shoot heavier bullets that I will need to use a long action. Any input on this?

I am considering purchasing a 7mmSAUM using Remington 700 action with a 24inch 8 1/2 to one twist ratio Montana barrel company barrel. I am interested in input on best bullets and powder for starters. I currently use Retumbo for my 7mm Exact wildcat I built several years ago with the same platform. Always shoots 1/2 MOA. I want to scale down to the 7mm SAUM for this build.
4831SC, Ramshot Hunter, RL17-26, Vihta N160 - N565, MRP, Superformance, IMR4955, 4000 MR, MagPro and Win Supreme 780 was one of the absolute best, but no longer made... the BEST will depend on the exact bullet and your gun's preference. There are others you can use with good results, but these represent the bulk of products in the correct burn rate range across thw spectrum. My beat groups were with 4831 SC, but they were also the slowest. YMMV.

Start sourcing brass now. Norma and ADG are the only ones I can find and super tough at that. They do come available sometimes. I like h1000 and N565 in longer barrels and heavier bullets and have found h4831sc to be the best in my shorter barrels with mid range weighted bullets.

I am considering purchasing a 7mmSAUM using Remington 700 action with a 24inch 8 1/2 to one twist ratio Montana barrel company barrel. I am interested in input on best bullets and powder for starters. I currently use Retumbo for my 7mm Exact wildcat I built several years ago with the same platform. Always shoots 1/2 MOA. I want to scale down to the 7mm SAUM for this build.
In my 7mm mag R-17 is super accurate even though R-17 is designed for shorter magnum style cases. I use the Hornady 162's

I haven't had any experience loading for the 7mm SAUM, but I do really like the performance of the Barnes 145gr LRX in my 7mm RUM. It would seem a little lightweight to most, but it's absolutely vicious on whitetail deer, even in excess of 500 yards. It's also a very flat trajectory and virtually no recoil. I'd probably go a little heavier, if hunting Elk or Moose, but I haven't had to track a whitetail deer yet!

I am considering purchasing a 7mmSAUM using Remington 700 action with a 24inch 8 1/2 to one twist ratio Montana barrel company barrel. I am interested int on best bullets and powder for starters. I currently use Retumbo for my 7mm Exact wildcat I built several years ago with the same platform. Always shoots 1/2 MOA. I want to scale down to the 7mm SAUM for this build.
I have a 7saum for sale with brand new dies.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/barreld-action-•7saum•-•defiance-deviant-ga-hunter-sa•-•24-proof-cf-sendero•-•timney-trigger•.303390/

My 7 SAUM is on n a remmy short action
Shoots the 180 berger hybrids @ 3014 fps es of 6 and under 1/2 moa from a 26 inched broughton 9 twist with RL26
Rig built by RBROS rifles
You don't need a long action to push the big bullets faster.
21F1C9BE-1E2A-499E-92DA-F15C27715C84.jpeg