7mmRUM and 200gr Wildcats?

There were a couple guys on here playing with factory 7mm RUMs with this bullet. I think they were breaking 3000 fps but not sure. They should chime in here soon.

From my testing, it looks like the 7mm AM will offer around 150 to 200 fps over the 7mm RUM. Now alot of this is due to the tight chamber and throat and the much stouter Lapua brass standing up to higher chamber pressures.

I feel 3000 fps is a good top end for the RUM with this bullet weight, maybe a bit more. A 200 gr ULD RBBT at 2900-3050 fps is a serious load at long range. If they stay on point you would not be disappointed with extreme range performance.

Kirby Allen(50)

Ben, i could shoot 3000 but accuracy and non-flattened primers was at 2900 with my 30" barrel. this was using 872 powder, others got a little more speed with retumbo. the new 869 might do a little better also.

I have not gotten around to trying them in my sendero yet but maybe here soon. I have got alot of work to do that involves shooting but so little time here lately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts