7mm08 Striker

Rupe

I now have a 7mm08 take off barrel coming. I have a couple of questions. What's a good powder and bullet combo for long range coyotes if I cut the barrel at 16.5" ? As always any suggestions are wanted. Thank you in advance!

Rupe

Had a short barreled Savage with a 1/9,5 twist that was a deer getter to 600 yards with 120 grain BT and H414 powder.....I still regret selling it!

Thanks guys, MackV I have several guns I sold and wish I hadn't. Now to replace.it would cost so much more.

Lefty sorry you missed out on your dads Striker.
I've been looking at some of the ballistics for 15" barrels, and I think the 16.5" will work good with this cartridge. May even go 17". We'll see when it gets here amd when it's time to cut it.
Now I am going to have to get some dies for it. It just never ends! Thank God!! :cool::D

Rupe

you know what twist it is? savage offered 2. 9.5 and 11-11.5 I think it was. hopefully it is the 9.5 as it will work with a heavier bullet. Im a big fan of the .284 diameter bullets. Ive had good luck with 120 b-tips in my encore

What was the final load you found. I'm starting to work up some loads for a striker in 7-08 . I'm starting with some 139 sst's and 168 bergers as that's what I have for my rifles. Any suggestions help. Thank you.

Believe it or not I have not got around to putting the barrel on yet. I am having so much fun shooting 1000yds. with the .270win. barrel. Sorry I can't help you.
Rupe

Yes Ernie I can't help myself! I couldn't get the reloading componits for so long for the 7mm08 that itwent on the back burner. And I do so well with the .270 I am just not ready to swap the barrel yet.
I have also start shooting long range with a Rem. 700 .243win. rifle so I've been busy with those 2 calibers to add in a third, but I'll get around to it one of these days.

Rupe

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.