7mm???

The worth of it is in the eye of the beholder and I can understand your point of view. With the Dakota nad the LRM, they are essentially the same ballistically as the STW and all 3 are good 1 K rifles because they get there with a little extra smack vs the 7RM which barely gets there. Much beyond that range and I think it's time to step up a little and that's why I have a 300 RUM vs a WM or WSM. Some guys like to see how far they cam possibly stretch their rifle. I like the idea of getting there with a little extra.

As for the dimishing returns of the 7 RUM, I think it's too overbore to be very efficient but the is changing with changing technology. As I mentioned, RL33 will probably become the powder for the 7 RUM and when the 195 EOL comes out it will shed a whole new light on the 7 RUM. And with the technology of nitride treating of barrels, the barrel life issue will probably greatly fade, if a guy invests in his barrel.
Since you have just agreed with basically I've ever said on the subject I'm not sure why you were arguing with me to begin with.

Let's just agree to agree and move on.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.