7mm WSM by MCR

Kevin Cram

Here's is the 3rd 7mm WSM I've been working on. This is LRH member elkoholic rifle. Here are the specs.

Stiller Predator Action
Brux Barrel 1-9 twist with interupted flutes
Mini Muscle Brake
Jewel Trigger
Wyatt Extended Center Feed Box
Tally Rings
Manners MCS T3 Stock in GAP Camo
Pillar Bedded
BAT ADL Trigger Guard
Everything Cerakoted in Desert Sand

Hope you enjoy !!!

BenBishop7mmWSM1.jpg

BenBishop7mmWSM2.jpg

BenBishop7mmWSM3.jpg

BenBishop7mmWSM4.jpg

BenBishop7mmWSM5.jpg

Point 1: I really like it because it is left handed and a nice caliber. I like the components too. I looked at Manners stocks a few years ago and don't recall much of a LH selection but I like this stock.

In one of the pics, it looks like some of the cerakote is rubbed off on the fluted bolt. Yes/No?

Point 2: The interrupted fluted bbl is very attractive. Can you do that with a twist like the bolt is done?

I'm glad you like the rifle Derek. Your sort of right about the Cerakote. The fit between the bolt and receiver was very good. After I Cerakoted the fluted bolt I put the bolt back in the lathe and sanded off the Cerakote on the O.D. of the the bolt body. This left the flutes Cerakoted but not the O.D. of the bolt body. I had to do this just so the bolt would go back into the receiver and cycle properly.

Kevin,

Very very nice.

Nothing but positive thoughts when checking out that rig!

I am especially attracted to the rock. A beautiful pic would be a rig coated with the colors and pattern of the rock.:)

How is the recoil of your rifle? I have never shot a 7mmWSM, just wondering what the recoil is like, first without a break and then with a break. Is it like a 308?

The barrel is a #5 contour. I checked with the customer and he says with a Nightforce 5.5-22 it weighs in at exactly 10lbs. even.

Last edited:
I just got word that the owner smacked a coyote at 753 yards in Montana. I was told when he returned from his trip that he would post pics of the scoped rifle and the coyote. Can't wait to see them!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.