7mm WSM built by SSG

tjonh2001

i like to see all of your guys guns it gives me ideas for my next rig. for some reason there only a few showing there guns. then i realized that i could show one of mine to get this going...

this is a 7mm wsm built by Nathan at SSG

Remington 700 long action
trued and blue printed
tactical bolt handle made and installed by Nate
bolt fluted by nate looks sweet
leupold 4.5x14x50 tactical with mildot
jewell trigger
bedded in marine tex
hs bottom metal
broughton 28" fluted varmite conture
farrel 20 moa base
fa enterprise rings
hs stock
limb saver recoil pad
gun coted in black
Harris bipod

this gun shoots very good my first 600 group was 2.5 inched. i am shooting 168 berger vlds at 3075. this gun shoots .5moa and when im up to it much better. i have shot a 5" 3 shot group at 1050 at ssg range.

hope this will get some of you started lets see your long range rigs

PHOTOS BELOW THANKS ROYINIDAHO

Last edited:
7mmwsm011.jpg

7mmwsm010-1.jpg

How's the WSM working in that long action?Are you having any issues with the cartridges moving artound in the magazine?I have a Rem 700 LA,and I've been thinking about putting a hunting rig together similar to yours.

i was having an issue with the feeding. then we installed a center feed magazine.I used the hs bottom metal, but you can use a kwik klip or badger. That solved everything. The long action is great i dont have to worry how far i seat the bullet. As you can see from the picture i leave them way out. Make sure you post it when you get it done...

Thanks.I figured the center feed mag would be a factor.I was thinking about the Kwik Klip system,and a Joel Russo A5L.I'll post pics as I progress.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.