7mm WSM brass

swpc629

Does anyone have an opinion on whether you can resize 270 wsm and 300 wsm brass to 7mm wsm brass? I know there is a different headspace for the 7mm than that of the 270 and 300.

If you are resizing 270/300 WSM brass because you cant find 7 WSM brass and are going to fire them in a standard 7 WSM chamber then use the 300 WSM brass and only size the neck down to where you have a snug fit when closing the bolt, leaving part of the 30 cal neck as a false shoulder.
Dave

I use the 270 brass. I'll neck up to 30 cal. Then size to 7mm leaving the false shoulder.

I use the 270 brass because my chamber neck is on the small side and I don't want to turn thick necks.

I'm also using Norma brass. I don't think it would be worth the trouble for factory brass.

geargrinder;344824 I'm also using Norma brass. I don't think it would be worth the trouble for factory brass.[/QUOTE said:
+1 on Norma brass. :)
I'm very happy with the quality of 270 WSM Norma Brass.

JM .02

+1

If I were going to size from 300 wsm it would have to be the lapua brass, and they don't
make it so I use the Winchester 7mm WSM and have no complaints.

I can weight sort the Winchester and end up with matched brass a lot cheaper that
has the right case head stamp on it.

Norma makes good brass but they are proud of it.(twice as much as the Win or Rem brass)

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts