• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

7MM WSM BRASS

Federal Fusion ammo in 7WSM is available and about the price of brass alone. It shoots very accurately as well.

I tried Bertram and they're out, I did buy 4 boxes of Fusion ammo and it's less for ammo than empty brass but I doubt the Federal brass will hold up. I've had a couple offers but am surprised the cost. Thanks for the input

I tried Bertram and they're out, I did buy 4 boxes of Fusion ammo and it's less for ammo than empty brass but I doubt the Federal brass will hold up. I've had a couple offers but am surprised the cost. Thanks for the input
I've had decent success with fed brass. I usually just toss it after around 5 firings because I get it free as once fired at local ranges. The cost is high on 7 wsm. The last new win stuff I sold on here sold fast at $1.50 each.

Please let us know how the Fusion shot for you. As for brass, I like most everything but Winchester brass. Too many defects on the order of about 4-5 bad pieces in 50.

Bertrams site has it available on backorder for the sale price, id go that route

CO_Guy, To answer your question. The Fusion ammo showed up and had a chance today to give it a go. Yup, it's very accurate as someone posted. I bought 4 boxes and will probably keep it for hunting ammo for deer and antelope. Ordered Bertram brass to reload.
7mm 150  Fusion.jpg

Holy nutcakes! Great shooting. That was me that posted of its' accuracy. My friend got into hunting and started with a Tikka T3 stainless in 270Win and shot Fusion 130gn loads, so well, is that's all he uses for everything from pronghorn to elk. That ammo had me rethinking inexpensive clad chunks of lead vs premium bullets. Have a great time with your 7WSM, it's a dandy caliber.
I thought of posting this pic in a post about head shots but figured it may stir up too much emotion, but it fits here with talking the 7. We hunted NW of Meeker CO a few years back and worked a ravine into a herd to try a shot on a cow. We popped up and my first shot at 350 yards, I pulled a bit low and although I knew I hit her, it wasn't clean. I had one last chance as she made her way up a hill. She presented her head and shoulder at 456 yards and I let my Win model 70 Ultimate Shadow rip. I will never forget the sound, as you rely on the sound on impact, and it was a CLUNK. I was shooting 162gn Trophy Bonded Bear Claws.
Elk 2012.JPG