COAL with the 150 gr Hammer's is 2.740" After checking my reloading log it looks like I quoted some inaccurate info, specifically the primers are CCI 250 and the load is 71.8 gr with extractor imprints after 72.0 gr. The bullets are HBN coated.

I have run the 143 Hammers with 72.0 RE26 at 3,350 ft/sec. I was loading in Win cases with Fed 215M primers. My notes didn't indicate any issues with pressure.

FWIW - I've got an excess of Win factory brass still sealed in the bags. If anyone is interested just drop me a PM.

I have run the 143 Hammers with 72.0 RE26 at 3,350 ft/sec. I was loading in Win cases with Fed 215M primers. My notes didn't indicate any issues with pressure.

FWIW - I've got an excess of Win factory brass still sealed in the bags. If anyone is interested just drop me a PM.
What OAL were you running those and in which barre length ?

Did you get a 7WSM? I have a barrel on order and plan to shoot 162s and would be curious if you went that direction and how it shoots.
Thanks.
If you're asking me I have the barrel being fluted now, an extended 3.110 extended magazine box and bottom metal & 0.181 Freebore 7mm WSM reamer from Pacific Tool & Gauge, McMillan Hunter Edge stock and the donor 270 WSM Remington 700 short action. As soon as I get the barrel back from being fluted, I'm going to send it all to the gunsmith for the build.

If you're asking me I have the barrel being fluted now, an extended 3.110 extended magazine box and bottom metal & 0.181 Freebore 7mm WSM reamer from Pacific Tool & Gauge, McMillan Hunter Edge stock and the donor 270 WSM Remington 700 short action. As soon as I get the barrel back from being fluted, I'm going to send it all to the gunsmith for the build.
Yup I was asking you. Sounds like a good build. Let us know how it shoots once it comes together. Appreciate the response.

Those are some good speeds from a SA cartridge. Just as a comparison my 7mm Practical LA pushes the 168 VLD-H at an easy 3250 fps using 75.5grs of H-1000 or 71.3grs RL-23. I ran out of H-1000 but I don't miss it so much. There are more FPS to be had but RL- 23 groups very well in this range.
Just to be clear Defensive Edge cut my throat to .180" and did their +P treatment to my 28" Criterion bbl.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.