7mm WSM 145 barnes LRX loads?

elktaker

Anyone loading 145gr LRXs for 7mm WSM and have any data? Max load velocity would be very beneficial too. I usually stop at max velocity if no pressure is seen before then.

I have a barnes book but doesn't include LRXs. I have IMR4895, H4350, RL 22 and RL17 on hand.

I am planning to load .055" off the lands which puts my COAL at 2.9" and should fit in my mag.

Thanks,

Kyle

I load for the 7 wsm, but not the 145 LRX . Been shooting the 168 classic hunter exclusively. I would try 4350 and RL 17 first. Both should work well. Just start low and work up.

I was loading 168 berger vlds. They shot very accurate at max load(maybe a little hot) with almost not random flier. Bolt lift would get sticky after 2 shots so I am hoping I can get the LRx's to shot a little with a cooler load. If I lowered the load, they opened up to over an 1" all the way to the min load.

I was using H4350 and RL22 for the 168's and had similar results, hot or nothing.

I have taken 3 elk (20, 290, and 425 YD) in two years with the bergers and have confidence that will work if you watch shoulder shots up close.

I need to swap my barrel on my savage and fire form some Norma brass with Cream of wheat.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts