7mm Weatherby: Why so little attention?

Good, but not best….where are cases for sale??? Typical twist rates are slow too, so ammo follows that trend.

The diameter of .277 is 7.0mm. I was simply trying to make the point that nomenclature and actual numbers are very different. .284=7.2mm.
but 270 caliber does not equal 7mm caluber designation. your pt is valid, but you did not elaborate at first. and tgen if you bore or lands, it can of course get more complicated. lol.

I'm well aware of that and have been for a long time. The measurement of .284 equals 7.2mm, the measurement of .277 equals 7.0mm. Get it?
A .270 takes .277 bullets, not .284 bullets.

A 7mm takes .284 bullets, not .277 bullets.

Doing anything to confuse people on that point risks having them blow a gun up in their faces.

I think when it comes to the 7mm & 270 WBY cartridges, Weatherby doesn't really appear to give much support to those 2. You don't find either cartridge chambered in their Vanguard line, like you do with the 240, 257 & 300 WBY, and only a few Mark V rifles chambered in them. Grant it I believe their 300WBY is their flagship cartridge, which gets a lot of support from other ammunition companies as well, which helps a lot.
Without a doubt that was their all time best seller.

Along then came the 300 RUM and SAUM's and that popularity has waned.

Who said anything about what caliber takes what bullets? I simply stated the 7mm measurement is right at .277 and the .284 is, IIRC 7.2mm. You do the math and you'll see I am correct.

Everyone needs to calm down. Again I NEVER SAID anyone should shoot a .284 diameter bullet in a .277 barrel.

Got it?