7mm WBY Loads

greenwood

Have tried H1000 and Retumbo with Berger 180H, 180vld and 168 ladders without good results for finding a node. Also, shot group 0.01-0.03 off lands with no CBTO recognizable. Appreciate any loads others may have luck with. The rifle is a custom, no freebore constraints, 26" Hart, Stiller action, McMillian stock, pillar bedded and action screws tight. Thanks.

DUSTY NOGGIN

Have tried H1000 and Retumbo with Berger 180H, 180vld and 168 ladders without good results for finding a node. Also, shot group 0.01-0.03 off lands with no CBTO recognizable. Appreciate any loads others may have luck with. The rifle is a custom, no freebore constraints, 26" Hart, Stiller action, McMillian stock, pillar bedded and action screws tight. Thanks.

all looks good , i had a particular rifle that i went through 5 powders and 4 premium bullets (all cup and core) - out of all them, the best they could do was just over 1" - then i tried the barnes ttsx , i still dont understand why but after 13 trips to the range and coming back disappointed when the barnes gave me a .366 i was jumping up and down

them barnes like a little jump so , that short freebore may not help

jfseaman

7mm Weatherby Magnum @ www.reloadersnest.com

I have not loaded for my 7 Weatherby yet but so far for me IMR7828 still rules on my belted magnums.

OBT says that for the 180s you should be trying to get ~2800fps or ~2900fps. For the 168s should be around ~2950fps or ~3200fps.

There are a lot of things that go into barrel timing so don't take those for gospel. Just an idea of where you might find a node.

highridge1

I would give RL33 a real serious look. In my magnums with heavier bullets it is outperforming everything I have tried before. My 7mm rem mag 168 Bergers, 3,100 fps with it.Great accuracy too.

MudRunner2005

I had similar results with Retumbo in several different calibers. I came to the conclusion that Retumbo is not a powder I want to continue wasting anymore time, money, and barrel life on.

So I started testing with IMR 7828 SSC when nothing else could be found, and I have had wonderful results in EVERY caliber I've tried loading it in. Excellent velocities and excellent accuracy.

Dr. Vette

all looks good , i had a particular rifle that i went through 5 powders and 4 premium bullets (all cup and core) - out of all them, the best they could do was just over 1" - then i tried the barnes ttsx , i still dont understand why but after 13 trips to the range and coming back disappointed when the barnes gave me a .366 i was jumping up and down

them barnes like a little jump so , that short freebore may not help

Same here.

In Dad's 7mm Wby I use 75.0g of H-1000 behind a 150gr TTSX, and it shoots better than any other combination we tried.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.