7mm ultra

sharpshooter1

I am planning a build soon, and I need to know what twist rate would suffice for most 7mm bullets over 175 grains @ 2900-3100 FPS (especially the 180 berger and the 200 wildcat...).... thanks, sharpshooter

He is using a 1-9 for the 7mm AM's in Lilja....

I have a 1-9 twist 7mm STW that I am going to try the 200 grainer in soon.

Cool, I am trying to convince myself to go with a rock barrel, but they don't pre-fit barrels, and I don't have a lathe lol. So does anybody know where the best place is to have a blank chambered and threaded for my savage action? (I can install and headspace myself...)

unless you wanting to keep it stock looking I'd have it fitted up like on the Rem 700 without the nut.

Call Mike and ask , he might be able to figure somthing out for you. If not but the barrel and have your smith fit it , give Nate Dagley a call , his web like in in my signature box , hes a hell of a rifle builder that just hasen't gotten the exposure yet.

JDJ, I am wanting to keep the barrel nut set-up so I have barrel switchablity (is that a word? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) I think im just gonna call Mike tomorrow morning.....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.