7mm ultra

mikael

is there annybody as know freebore lenght on standard 7mm ultra reamer from dave kiff, pacific tool and gauge

My 7 RUM match reamer from Kiff has 0.183" lead (from the end of the chamber to the start of the throat) and then the throat comes to full land diameter 0.236 after that with a 1 deg- 30 throat.

i'd be interested in knowing the dia's of your throat and neck? my smith just got his reamer,we ordered a .319 neck and a .2842 on the throat reamer.gonna set depth to the 180 berger/200 WC range.will those 180 bergers handle this 7 twist?

what i men that i have a standard 7mm ultra reamer from kiff and i want to no the lenght off the freebore there is difficult to measure the freebore from the reamers.

Your reamer might be differnt than mine....call Kiff and have him fax or mail you a print of your reamer for your exact freebore.

Dave, my neck is 0.319 and the dia is 0.2844 on mine. As far as the 7 twist and the Berger combo....is should be okay but you might dust them at the top end velocities with that fast a twist.....1-9 would be better.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts