7mm ultra mag bullet choices.

oldfamily

Picked up a 700 bdl in 7mm Remington ultra mag, had 1 box of shells thru it and got it worth the money. Question is what would be a good bullet to use both factory, since have to buy factory rounds to get brass and what are people having luck with reloading for this round?

Picked up a 700 bdl in 7mm Remington ultra mag, had 1 box of shells thru it and got it worth the money. Question is what would be a good bullet to use both factory, since have to buy factory rounds to get brass and what are people having luck with reloading for this round?
keep it at 140 bonded or heavier.

I'm loading my 7rum with 168's and 175/180 grain bullets
these rifles don't turn on with 120's and 130's at all. I've ditched all my lightweight loadings for my 7rum.

keep it at 140 bonded or heavier.

I'm loading my 7rum with 168's and 175/180 grain bullets
these rifles don't turn on with 120's and 130's at all. I've ditched all my lightweight loadings for my 7rum.
Pretty good advice. Even at 7mm STW velocities bullets get very frangible if they are not a true bonded core or cannelure type.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts