7mm stw

Yes... closer than I would have thought.

But a 30" barrel with a 250 grain A-Tip (where are you even finding those?) doesn't sound like an ideal hunting rifle. It may be that, at your altitude, with your gun, all the conditions are perfect to maximize the down-range energy of a souped up 30 cal magnum.

However, in regards to the post I was commenting on, there is no 7mm that is going to be over 1200 ft lbs at a mile (1760 yds) under anything close to normal circumstances. Most hunting rifles shooting a 162 grain bullet are going to be in the 400-700 ft lbs range at that distance, and I feel that's pretty generous.
Understood, my rifle has a heavy Palma taper barrel, McMillan A4 stock with a NF 8x32-56 on top. The 250s are seated at 3.850 tip to base so, that opens up a lot of room for powder.

Not a standard hunting rifle for sure but, it's not too heavy that I don't carry on an Elk hunt, it's goin again next week.

Also, Natchez has the 250s in stock now and on sale for 84 per 100, great price for what you get.

Understood, my rifle has a heavy Palma taper barrel, McMillan A4 stock with a NF 8x32-56 on top. The 250s are seated at 3.850 tip to base so, that opens up a lot of room for powder.

Not a standard hunting rifle for sure but, it's not too heavy that I don't carry on an Elk hunt, it's goin again next week.

Also, Natchez has the 250s in stock now and on sale for 84 per 100, great price for what you get.

What do they have? Link ????