7mm STW

ceesan

Recently I completed building a new long range rifle in 7mm STW. Whats the general consensus of this round, and does anyone have any recipes?

Boyd Heaton

Dave.I have one built on a Rem 700 with a 27" Douglas barrel.The load I use now is 80gr of H1000 and a Fed 215m primer under a 162gr A-MAX at 3113fps.I've shot it to out over 1200 yard's and I am very pleased with it.I probably wont use this gun out past 7 or 800 yard's.But I think it will work farther out.

Boyd Heaton

LRH.The reason I am using the A-MAX is because I have some laying around.When I run out I will switch to the 168gr MatchKing...

D

daveosok

I have a 7mm STW, 34 in Lilja barrel. I have managed to push a 180 gr Berger at 3100 with greta results. 74.5 grs of H50BMG bullet seated to the lands. No pressure signs, going to a faster buring powder next up on the list.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: daveosok ]

Varmint Hunter

I have a 26" Hart bbl w/10 twist on my blue printed Rem 700 action. Was regularely shooting in .3" or so with 83.5 H1000 under a Hornady 139gr SST or Nosler 140 B-Tip and a Fed 215M primer.
Yesterday I fired a .35" at 200yds with the SST and a heavy charge of RE25. All bullets are loaded .006" into the rifling.

Mr Jones

Mine is a 26.5" Pac-Nor bbl w/Vais muzzle brake on a SS 700 action in HS Precision stock.Optics are just a 3X9 Leupold(suprisingly does good). I'm pushing 150gr NoslerBTs at 3400fps with RL25 and Fed 215s. I shoot the 150partitions also out to 500yds.
Mr Jones

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce