7mm stw vs 7 RUM

ted

What kind of groups shooters getting with the Sendero, Ruger#, Sako's, Weatherby's in the 7stw or 7 RUMs. I would like the likes or dislikes. THanks

ted, i know you didn't ask about rem, but with my hand loads i cover a three shot group with a dime. thats a 700bdl out of the box.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I have owned, handloaded and shot both the 7MM STW and RUM.I have settled on the STW.It will do anything the RUM will do with a 140 grain bullet, which is what I shoot.
My groups run 1/2 to 1 inch @ 3550 fps with the Nosler 140 bal tip.
Remington is without a doubt one of the most accurate rifles in any caliber that you can buy right off the shelf.

In my Hart barreled 7STW I have no trouble keeping 5 shot groups under a half inch with heavy loads and hunting bullets.

While experimenting with RE25 and 140gr B-Tips I was also able to achieve velocities in excess of 3,500 ft/sec. However, this was definately a HOT load and I normally shoot them between 3,300-3,400 ft/sec.

Vh

How many reloads do you get with the 7mm STW? I have a 7/300wby and I like it but only get about three reloads four tops.
Thanks Drags

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.