7mm stw sendero

lineworker81

Hello i go by Lineworker81. I just got my first stw lastweek and i have some questions. I got a 7mm stw sendero that looks to be shot very little and i think was made in 1997. Today i looked at another one and the caliber read like this 7mm-stw and it appears to be a later model. Is there any difference in the twist rates? ive saw it mentioned on here i think. I just want to learn all i can about these two guns since ive searched for 3 years to find one and find two in a month. Are they rare or just hard to find? Im curious if Remington made alot of them or maybe they are held onto and seldom let go of? O and mine reads 7mm stw no - which i kno is just a minor detail.

Remy made those with 1-9.5 twist I believe..... wasn't till the last few years that the dropped to 9.25-9 on their factory 7mm barrels.

Remy made those with 1-9.5 twist I believe..... wasn't till the last few years that the dropped to 9.25-9 on their factory 7mm barrels.

Joel, my gen 1 sendero in 7mm stw was a 9.25" twist by measurement. I still wish I had that pipe...

To your question on rarity... not especially, but try to find a good one now days for decent money. People in the know have them and are keeping them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.