7mm STW Reloading Thread

I would think that with that weight bullet, H4831sc would send it in its way quick and in a hurry, be temp stable, and most of all, accurate. I'm thinking you'll easily reach 3500, if you wanted to. Whitetail lightning!🦌🦌🦌💤
Should far exceed that. I hit 3600 with a 143 hammer Hunter

Quickload Hornady 180 ELD part # 28503 using N570 with standard COAL OF 3.650 you should be way safe to start at 80.0 gr powder wich will give you approx 2,850 fps at muzzle. That is a conservative starting point on the lower end of pressure at 59,000 psi. I run my STW in the 63,000 psi range with few brass, primer pocket issues and good accuracy but Im not running N570. For your components used your red line limits on PSI start at 83.0 gr of N570.
so what I hve provide is lower limit (super safe) starting point of 80.0 gr according to QL up to what I would consider a point you will see pressure indicators which is 83.0gr according to QL. With that I would load 3-5 rounds at 80.0 and work up at 1/2gr increments to pressure.
All this is, is a starting point and potential high pressure point, it all depends on bullet setting depth, ambient temp, elevation of shooting station and a few other variables.
good luck and wish I could find some N570, cannot find it in my neck of the woods.
thanx

Anybody tried the 101 hammers in this beast yet I am thinking about it for deer. What powders would you recommend?
I tested the 101 HH. Good shooting bullet with substantially lighter recoil. My results were as follows:

Varget
73.0 - 3730 fps
73.5 - 3756 "
74.0 - 3845 "
74.5 - 3801 "
75.0 - 3863 "

I've also tested the 90HH with Varget. Ran up to 4036, but couldn't quite match the accuracy of the 101s. My barrel is a 24" 1:9.25 twist.

Good morning guys...I have been referring to this forum for years for load data so I decided to join up...I have a newly built 7 STW WITH A 27" Lilja bbl 1 in 9 twist. I spoke with Steve at Hammer Bullets and he suggested the 143 gr bullets. Could someone please give me a good idea of powder and amount to start with??? I have the following: 7828ssc, 8133,H1000, RL22 & 25 if a different powder is necessary please let me know.. Thanks Guys I am looking forward to being a part of the 7mm STW Brotherhood.....

Good morning guys...I have been referring to this forum for years for load data so I decided to join up...I have a newly built 7 STW WITH A 27" Lilja bbl 1 in 9 twist. I spoke with Steve at Hammer Bullets and he suggested the 143 gr bullets. Could someone please give me a good idea of powder and amount to start with??? I have the following: 7828ssc, 8133,H1000, RL22 & 25 if a different powder is necessary please let me know.. Thanks Guys I am looking forward to being a part of the 7mm STW Brotherhood.....
H1000 works in my 7mm STW with 143 HH

Great...thanks... what is your load if you don't mind me asking...
the load is hotter then the 4th of July, Vo is 3475 but will need to back off, I was checking zero in the rain before a hunt, gun was wet and loaded a wet case that locked up the bolt :oops: i don't recall the load data but will check when i get home..
I did find doing a butterbean crimp to shrink group size

RL26 gives great accuracy and velocity with the 143 Hunter. 82.9 gr RL26 gives 3538 fps. I never actually found pressure but assumed I was getting close. This was the first Hammer bullet I loaded when I began using them over 5 years ago. I got nervous because I couldn't believe how fast that bullet was going. I've since moved on to the 177 Hunter just because I like a heavier bullet and it shoots 3 shot groups into one hole

You'll never go wrong with H1000 in the STW.
RL25 will also work really well with the 143. Use Nosler's load data to get yourself started. Loads with just about every powder end up around 80.0gr plus or minus 1-2 gr. Funny how that works out.
And get yourself a Lee factory crimp die. It's a must have.

This sounds great!! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Do you neck size as well as crimp?? I was just wondering as I only have dies with neck bushings. I am limited somewhat with the 1:9 twist with these bullets but I am really looking forward to building some loads up for this new rifle. It is zeroed in at 200 with 168 gr Bergers and shoots them very well as long as I do my part. Thank you again...

Attachments

• 20221212_105034.jpg
    20221212_105034.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

Recent Posts