• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

7mm STW- Proof Research Barrel- Custom Rifle

bwoodie

WTS: Custom Rifle chambered in 7mm STW. The rifle was built by Brad Stair of Performance Guns in Utah. Here are the details:

Action: Blue printed Remington Model 700 action with a 3-position Model 70 style safety. Bolt is fluted with tactical bolt knob. Action has been cerakoted- sniper grey color
Trigger: Jewell with top right safety & bottom bolt release
Barrel: 26" (not including muzzle brake) Carbon Wrapped Proof Research Barrel with 1:9 twist. Sendero contour. Muzzle brake installed
Bottom metal: BDL
Stock: Stocky's Vertical Grip (VG2) carbon fiber. Pillars installed and action bedded. 2 front sling studs for a picatinny bipod rail. 1 rear sling stud
Weight without an optic: 8 pounds
Load data & performance: Have load data for Hornady 162gr ELD-X bullets & Berger 168gr Classic Hunter bullets. 1/2 MOA out to 300 yards. Have not shot it past that.
Round count: Approximately 100

Let me know if you have any other questions

Trades: Not interested in any at this time
Asking price: $2,000 shipped
7 STW Proof- Left.jpg
7 STW Proof- Right.jpg
7 STW Proof- Bolt.jpg
7 STW Proof- Bottom.jpg
7 STW Proof- SN.jpg

I have had few people ask about chronograph data for the load above. Measured 5 shots this afternoon using a Magnetospeed.

168gr Berger Classic Hunter bullet, 75gr H-1000, 215M primer
Average Velocity= 2973 fps
Std Dev= 7

Had some questions regarding trades. Would consider other custom rifles, custom barreled actions, custom actions, or Nightforce optics.
Thanks

I did not try to get more velocity out of it. I was happy with the accuracy. Did very little load development- only tried 162gr Hornady ELD X bullets and 168gr Classic Hunter Bergers with H-1000 powder.

Will add 100 pieces of once fired brass (various headstamps & no nickel pieces).

**Rifle and 100 pieces of once fired brass for $2,000 shipped.**

PRICE DROP:

**Rifle & 100 pieces of once fired brass for $1,850 shipped**