7mm STW- Proof Research Barrel- Custom Rifle

bwoodie

WTS: Custom Rifle chambered in 7mm STW. The rifle was built by Brad Stair of Performance Guns in Utah. Here are the details:

Action: Blue printed Remington Model 700 action with a 3-position Model 70 style safety. Bolt is fluted with tactical bolt knob. Action has been cerakoted- sniper grey color
Trigger: Jewell with top right safety & bottom bolt release
Barrel: 26" (not including muzzle brake) Carbon Wrapped Proof Research Barrel with 1:9 twist. Sendero contour. Muzzle brake installed
Bottom metal: BDL
Stock: Stocky's Vertical Grip (VG2) carbon fiber. Pillars installed and action bedded. 2 front sling studs for a picatinny bipod rail. 1 rear sling stud
Weight without an optic: 8 pounds
Load data & performance: Have load data for Hornady 162gr ELD-X bullets & Berger 168gr Classic Hunter bullets. 1/2 MOA out to 300 yards. Have not shot it past that.
Round count: Approximately 100

Let me know if you have any other questions

Trades: Not interested in any at this time
Asking price: $2,000 shipped
7 STW Proof- Left.jpg 7 STW Proof- Right.jpg 7 STW Proof- Bolt.jpg 7 STW Proof- Bottom.jpg 7 STW Proof- SN.jpg

bwoodie

I have had few people ask about chronograph data for the load above. Measured 5 shots this afternoon using a Magnetospeed.

168gr Berger Classic Hunter bullet, 75gr H-1000, 215M primer
Average Velocity= 2973 fps
Std Dev= 7

bwoodie

Had some questions regarding trades. Would consider other custom rifles, custom barreled actions, custom actions, or Nightforce optics.
Thanks

bwoodie

I did not try to get more velocity out of it. I was happy with the accuracy. Did very little load development- only tried 162gr Hornady ELD X bullets and 168gr Classic Hunter Bergers with H-1000 powder.

bwoodie

Will add 100 pieces of once fired brass (various headstamps & no nickel pieces).

**Rifle and 100 pieces of once fired brass for $2,000 shipped.**

bwoodie

PRICE DROP:

**Rifle & 100 pieces of once fired brass for $1,850 shipped**

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce