7mm stw or 28 nosler?

I have owned a 28 Nosler for a few years , I love it for hunting, the only time I shot paper with it was sighting it in

True, but once you have fired your brass once, it is headspacing on the shoulder as well, at least as long as you don't push it back too far. I've never had an issue with this in belted cases, and I've had a lot of rifles that use them (still do). FWIW - dan
That's true, but only for reloaders. A factory hiys has to buy ammo that fires in any action. Therefore slop than in the non-belted new guys.

That's true, but only for reloaders. A factory guy has to buy ammo that fires in any action. Therefore more slop than in the non-belted new guys.
And it only applies to those who neck size for segregated brass for each rifle. ALOT of reloaders only FullLength size, for whatever reasons. So it doesn't help them. I have 2 .300WM, 300H&H, 7mmMag, 270WBY, 375 H&H, etc. I love 'em all. But buying new I'd get a PRC, .404Jeffrey type case of which I also have a bunch. But I carefully neck size on all. But I like your point.

Trying to decide on a gun build. 7mm stw or 28 nosler any input?
I've been shooting the STW since 1998. Only been fed factory ammo (Nosler Custom). Only shoot accubonds and partitions. Only killed pronghorn, whitetail, blacktail, mulie, axis, oryx, aoudad, roosevelt elk, rocky mountain elk, feral pigs, coyote, bobcat. Never fired a second shot (its the rifle, caliber and bullets...not me). I would say I've been pleased with the STW performance.

I've been shooting the STW since 1998. Only been fed factory ammo (Nosler Custom). Only shoot accubonds and partitions. Only killed pronghorn, whitetail, blacktail, mulie, axis, oryx, aoudad, roosevelt elk, rocky mountain elk, feral pigs, coyote, bobcat. Never fired a second shot (its the rifle, caliber and bullets...not me). I would say I've been pleased with the STW performance.
So your saying you don't have much experience with the terminal performance of this cartridge on animals......... :)

And it only applies to those who neck size for segregated brass for each rifle. ALOT of reloaders only FullLength size, for whatever reasons. So it doesn't help them. I have 2 .300WM, 300H&H, 7mmMag, 270WBY, 375 H&H, etc. I love 'em all. But buying new I'd get a PRC, .404Jeffrey type case of which I also have a bunch. But I carefully neck size on all. But I like your point.
Wait...WHAT??

I like my STW's. The 28 does have some advantages with no belt and a fatter case, and if I didn't already have a large stock of 8mm RM brass I would consider it. 28 brass is much easier to find.

I have 2 full custom stw's. Both throated long for 195's. I run one pretty hard at 3140 fps with 195 Bergers that is a dedicated hunting rife shooting sub .5 moa. My 10 shot ladder test with this barrel over 2 grains of powder was sub moa (I only get 2 loads on Nosler brass with this load). My other stw is running around 2960 fps with the 195 and has about 1300-1400 rounds down the barrel. I have sourced 300 lapua and 300 adg brass in 300 prc just for a 7/300 prc build. I will likely rebarrel to a 7-300prc in the future. I have no experience with a 28 or 7-300 prc. I will only build a rifle I have components for and will always have a spot for a stw in my safe. 28's like rl33 from what I've heard. Ive had outstanding luck with Rl26, H1000, Retumbo, IMR8133 and N570 in my stw's. Whatever you choose you will be happy with a 195 at 3000+ fps. I use a hoover trimmer to just touch the tips and a tiny drill bit for cleaning. At 3140 I had to raise the g7 bc to .411 for my profile to work to 1500 yards in my br4 rangefinder.