7mm STW Hunting Rifle

Sackett

Here's my Little Ol' 7mmSTW. It is nothing like all these others on here I promise, BUT it'll shoot with the best of'em!!! It is an old Remington 700 with a bedded and floated "plastic" stock that I painted with textured gray paint, a 24" SS Remington factory barrel rechambered from 7mmMag to 7mmSTW, topped with a Bushnell 600 DOA 3-9x50mm Scope...BUT I REALLY LIKE THE 3 SHOT GROUP HERE AT 100 YARDS.
100_2089.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2093.jpg

Close... went out today and shot for a while, I actually zeroed the rifle as that group was in a load devlopement and was 6" high and 2" right. I got it to shot about 1/4 MOA at 100 yards dead on. Then I shot it at 200, 300, & 400 yds. The scope is NOT a bench rest scope, but rather a hunting scope. I do not like how big the DOTS are for 200, 300, 400, 500 yds, but they do work great for hunting, and I can shoot less 2" at 400 yds, but the only way I can is by having a LARGE black circle on the target and I'm not able to see the center of the circle, but rather I have center the DOT from looking at the OUTER edges of the circle, so for pin point shooting you can not, but for very fast shots at deer behind the shoulder AND have confidence in killing the deer, I LOVE THIS SETUP!!

I am lucky to live in the South where long range shooting is hard to do, due to the terrain...I can walk out my back door and have a 400 yd range on my property, and when it cools down I'm gonna be able to get it out to 500yds...That's a long way around here...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.