7mm STW from RWS 375 H&H

drakehammer

I am interested in forming 7mm STW brass from RWS brand 375 H&H brass. RWS has a reputation for being really tough, which is why I'm interested in RWS specifically. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with fire forming RWS. Any issues not typically encountered reforming other brands? Thanks in advance for your input.

I had difficulty using enough powder forming Remington 375H&H to 375 Weatherby, the Remington brass has really thick walls.
The only RWS brass I have used was in 6.5x55 and 300WM, but this was in the 90's.
I doubt you will have any issues though.
I use COW to form my brass, don't like wasting bullets.

Cheers.

Been ~25yrs ago I formed 338 Imperial Magnum brass from RWS 404 Jeffery brass. I had 3 cases split at the shoulder, fire forming the 404 cases to 338 Imperial.

I had to anneal the 404 shoulder area before fire forming the remaining 37 casings.

i neck down 375hh brass to 338 (to fire form to 338jarrett) and even that doesn't always go well. have you been able to neck down 375 to 7mm in other manufacturers brass? i assume it will take multiple steps 375-338-308-7mm...

i neck down 375hh brass to 338 (to fire form to 338jarrett) and even that doesn't always go well. have you been able to neck down 375 to 7mm in other manufacturers brass? i assume it will take multiple steps 375-338-308-7mm...
I have not formed any brass for the 7mm STW. I was fortunate to have acquired 100 new Remington and 100 new Nosler 7mm STW brass back in 2015 for my current rifle. I'm just interested in figuring out the best way to form the strongest brass for a couple of upcoming new 7mm STW projects.

I did 300 HH to stw a few years back with COW and Red Dot. I would anneal to help prevent splitting. Going from 375 to 7mm you may have to go in steps and neck turn when you're finished. I'm not sure.

I will never do COW again. I prefer to work up a load just like you would any other time and shoot it until you work though your lot. I feel the brass is then formed as best as it can be. If the barrel is new you have to break it in anyway. I've found loads that shot really well with unformed brass. Seems primers are tougher to find than anything right now. I'd rather not waste them if your supply is limited.