7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Hey guys, just curious if anyone has used ramshot LRT yet and if it's any good. I normally use RL 26 with a 175gr but can't seem to find it anymore. Thank you.

Well, I don't have a stock on my 7stw at present. I was having issues with repeatable accuracy and switched to my 7rum for deer hunting. I took a look at the 7stw today and the rear of my laminate had compressed a good bit so the action was rocking a bit when she was fired. Needless to say I got enough of a blowout on the laminate trying to drill for pillars that I got irritated and broke the stock. A new stock is now on the way... A $250 dollar mistake...

Any STW shooters have any luck with 50bmg powder or hogdon us869 I'm working with us869 now and it's not looking to bad
I used H870 for years till it was discontinued. US 869 is supposed to be very close in burn rate and powder charges.

Mostly I use either H1000 or RL 33 both of which I've had good enough luck with not to continue experimenting.

Well, I don't have a stock on my 7stw at present. I was having issues with repeatable accuracy and switched to my 7rum for deer hunting. I took a look at the 7stw today and the rear of my laminate had compressed a good bit so the action was rocking a bit when she was fired. Needless to say I got enough of a blowout on the laminate trying to drill for pillars that I got irritated and broke the stock. A new stock is now on the way... A $250 dollar mistake...
A good pillar bedding job which is needed anyhow for best accuracy would save you buying a new stock which will need it too.

Lefty, what stock did you go with? Mine is a lefty and I still have the original Remington 700 bdl stock on it. I painted it up, it looks ok but it has no pillars or been bedded. I'll be laid up in a couple weeks after hip surgery. I was contemplating bedding the stock While I'm down since a good left handed stock that's bedded is hard to find.

Lefty, what stock did you go with? Mine is a lefty and I still have the original Remington 700 bdl stock on it. I painted it up, it looks ok but it has no pillars or been bedded. I'll be laid up in a couple weeks after hip surgery. I was contemplating bedding the stock While I'm down since a good left handed stock that's bedded is hard to find.
Even without full bedding of the action you will find properly installing pillars to be really helpful.

Make careful use of the dremel and sand paper such that there's no contact at all between the action and stock and you'll be even better off.

Ideally I like about a 1/16" clearance all the way around, at both ends and underneath maybe a bit more if I'm going to do a full bedding job which eventually I do on most or all of mine.

It's a good way to spend your time while recovering, that's how I've spent most of my recoveries over the last 10 years or so after various surgeries.

Thank you for your comment, I never thought about doing pillars only. Should work just fine I'd imagine. I think I'll bed it though along with pillars. I'll need a backup just in case I fail miserably! Kidding, I shouldn't butcher it too bad.