7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

145gr @cuttingedgebullets Lazers , 7/16" 3 shot group out of a standard weight barrel model 70.

Attachments

• 20210425_164908.jpg
    20210425_164908.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 37
I'm having a new stw put together with a 27" 8 twist carbon on it. I'm contemplating which bullet for long range hunting to go with. I'm thinking between the 170g cayuga or the 177g hammer hunters. Has anyone tried these bullets before? Thank you.

I'm having a new stw put together with a 27" 8 twist carbon on it. I'm contemplating which bullet for long range hunting to go with. I'm thinking between the 170g cayuga or the 177g hammer hunters. Has anyone tried these bullets before? Thank you.
Run The Hammer and don't look back, if it were me I'd run the 143 HH

I've got 100 new norma 300 H&H left over from when I use to fire form. I'll sell em to you if you're interested.
Man, I thought you were one of the ones that used 300HH brass to fire form, but couldn't remember for sure. I never did, but my cousin fire formed, from it, and it was excellent. Norma brass is tough to beat.

Yup you were the one who put me on to the idea about 8-10yrs ago when it was hard to find
Yeah man, what a whirlwind, and where has the time gone. I was living up north then, and came home in 2013. Wow. I do remember talking to you about it, when you were considering it. You probably ended up with the best 7stw brass around, period. What a magic round it is. Still to this day gives me goosebumps ! I can honestly say that every single deer, or critter that was aimed at with that rifle, never took another step, bar none. Good hearing from you brother! Have to get together sometime.

So those of you that have been around the stw much longer do you feel this caliber punches above it's weight class? For reference some people my self included feel the 257 wby punch's with way more weight that it's given credit for.