7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I've never used this company but looks like they offer ammo
looks to be a custom loader... they don't even have a buy now button when you go in... might be worth it to someone without capability... I'll personally hit the basement and toss a few boxes together when I need ammo.

I'd just reload then if you do... dies are available but there's not much for ammo... rl22 or 25 and a 140 is great... 175-180 usually go something like retumbo...

H1000 is a good go-to powder for 7mm STW

one of the beautiful things about the 7stw is you can still buy powder that will work just fine. the 50bmg offerings will all work with rather heavy pills in this cartridge as long as you have a mag primer... Heck, mil-surp 872 is still floating around...

H1000 is a good go-to powder for 7mm STW
not a real fan of h1000... I used a good bit of it 25 years ago in a 300win with heavies long before the lr craze hit (I guess I was premature but I just called it getting my deer) and moved on as the speed with other powders was better unless you pushed the pressure up with h1000.

one of the beautiful things about the 7stw is you can still buy powder that will work just fine. the 50bmg offerings will all work with rather heavy pills in this cartridge as long as you have a mag primer... Heck, mil-surp 872 is still floating around...
I shoot h50bmg (readily available online) with 175 grain partitions at 3k fps.
Good luck finding nosler bullets though.

Attachments

• 20211006_210052.jpg
    20211006_210052.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 20
My two remaining STW 's are slower twisted my Remington 24 inch is 1/9.25 pretty sure my Sako 75 ,26 inch is also same twist , my Remington started life as a 7 Mag,my smith said it was the straightest factory barrel that he Ever spun between centers and he rechambered many , with its stock bbl I shot out to 1000 yds easy,i n preparation for a mountain Elk hunt , bullet 160 N,partition 3232 fps muzzle,took 22 Moa to paper target at Beyers Co range . Cheers to the Great 7STW and it's owners 🤔🇺🇸🤣
scary! My lifetime, I have never had as much fun, with research and developement, as I have with this round. Layne sure did open a firestorm, and when big green chambered it in the Sendero, I was sold. That was the beginning, and certainly not the end of the of Legacy. I remember when RL22, was THEE powder. Temp sensitive as all get out, but if your conditions were right, bug holes, and dead deer were a guarantee! Then came RL25, which for my application, was more then perfect . Deer didn't care for it much though.
And then, came this website, and most particularly, this thread, and sub titles. WOW. I'm still amazed. I still remember most of the names of members. And most are still here.
Belt, or no belt, the STW is the true class of the 7mm world.

Just picked up another stw. Contoled round model 70 View attachment 529957
At one time, I had a Winchester, Sharpshooter, in 7stw. That was the crown jewel of my gun collection at the time. It was a fantastic shooter. It was literally a fully custom gun, from Winchesters custom shop. That was a push feed. I just bought a windy in 264wm. Circa 1981. Closet queen. I forgot how nice the Winchesters were. Nice rig bro.