7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Good to know, I've been looking around seems as though there is more options or brass around than when I got my first Stw, in new to the Stw built my first one in 2012.

Gents,

New to the forum (hopefully this is the right place for this post) and wanted to see if I could find out more information about a rifle I recently acquired in a trade. Custom 7mm STW on a 700 action. Not sure what stock (looks close to a McMillan Game Warden?) Heavy bull barrel with the barrel manufacturer and chambering in stylized cursive (sorry for the poor pictures). Any information would be much appreciated and thanks for your time
upload_2019-1-11_16-48-52.jpeg
upload_2019-1-11_16-45-41.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-11_16-48-27.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-11_16-48-27.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
I've attached a better photo of the barrel manufacturer markings. After looking at photos, I doubt it's a McMillan stock. Any knowledge or insight as to the stock or barrel manufacturer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

upload_2019-1-30_21-45-14.png

Gents,

New to the forum (hopefully this is the right place for this post) and wanted to see if I could find out more information about a rifle I recently acquired in a trade. Custom 7mm STW on a 700 action. Not sure what stock (looks close to a McMillan Game Warden?) Heavy bull barrel with the barrel manufacturer and chambering in stylized cursive (sorry for the poor pictures). Any information would be much appreciated and thanks for your time View attachment 117348View attachment 117346

I've attached a better photo of the barrel manufacturer markings. After looking at photos, I doubt it's a McMillan stock. Any knowledge or insight as to the stock or barrel manufacturer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 120240
Jim Garrett out of salt lake is the gun builder. Garrett accur light is business name. I have saw quite a few rifles on gunbroker from him, but thats all I know. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jim Garrett out of salt lake is the gun builder. Garrett accur light is business name. I have saw quite a few rifles on gunbroker from him, but thats all I know. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks a bunch for the info! Much appreciated. Anyone else have input on the stock manufacturer?

Thanks a bunch for the info! Much appreciated. Anyone else have input on the stock manufacturer?
He builds stocks also. Not sure if this is one of his, but its definitely unique with the bump behind trigger guard.

When the Interbonds ran out I went to the 140 Berger Hunting VLDs and they were dang accurate in my 1 in 11 Christensen. I wish I would have been more knowledgeable about barrel twist and bullet weight when I had them re-barrel the rifle long ago.
Were these factory loads?

Ed, I have the original sendero stock, without the palm swell, a modified stock from a LSS, and a synthetic on my Sako. I would like to change the stock on the Sako. The only " good " options that I have heard of are a "lone wolf" or a McMillan. Both are pricey. So, what kind of brass have you found, and what would the price be. I think the group thing is a good idea. I have 200 unfired/ premium factory ammo on hand now, but would be possibly interested if the brass is good. Thanks !
7 STW.