7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

That scope , my friend has had me look at it a time or two, myself, since we talked about it. Keep it simple. Just saw one on a used rifle too. 10x.
Another great option for Woosley!
I'm running the SWFA HD's and the glass is awesome ..... are they a Leupold..... absolutely not as I have ran Leupolds for years and still swear by them and this is just my opinion .... for the money the the HD glass is hard to beat and these
things are built like tanks and as I said before for what I'm doing now they are a really good fit for me

Woolsley none of the guys in this thread will steer you in the wrong direction, at least not on purpose.

I'm stuck on the VX-6's especially the 3-18x50 illum with the TMOA reticle. From fifty feet to farther out than you'd ever think of shooting they'll do everything you need or want.

Don't get caught up by the "Gotta keep up with the Jones's" mentality here as it will get unbelievably expensive trying to keep up for very little gain.

I'm a man of fairly meger means so I try to get every dollar's worth and then some out of everything I own and while I may not have the best of the best of everything by some people's measure I manage to kill more stuff with my old, ugly, beat up, second hand used equipment than most people would ever believe.

I screwed up and accidentally shot three bucks in about 2 minutes this morning, two intentionally and a third I thought was one of the first two that I'd only wounded instead of killed. All this with a 2nd Hand Model 70 .375 ruger at about 500 yards with a 3rd hand 3.5-10x50 Zeiss Conquest RX800 I stuck on it just because I didn't have an extra set of 34mm Rings with which to mount the new 3-18x50 VX-6 That's supposed to be sitting on it right now HA!

Shop Ebay, shop the LRH classifieds and be patient, you'll find one laying around at a good price I'm sure. The 4-24x52 is awesome too if you want to go that route.

Rose, kudos is on the deer harvest this morn. I'm prepping for a three day hunt here locally, later on this week, in Maryland. As long as the coming weather don't screw it up. Got a little room in my deep freezer, and a .280, that needs to nbe unleashed.
And again, to Woosley, listen to what Rose said#1, no one here, will lead you wrong, #2, look through the classifieds, here, and where ever you need to,to find what you want. And #3, but actually, most importantly, don't feel like you need to keep up with the Jones! There are lots of those here, and everywhere. Deals are out there, and it takes a little to find them, sometimes not. When I built my custom STW, I bought the barrel here, on LRH, very reasonable, he shipped to me, I had it threaded and fitted, and it was, is the most accurate rifle, I've ever fired. Peace out

Rose, kudos is on the deer harvest this morn. I'm prepping for a three day hunt here locally, later on this week, in Maryland. As long as the coming weather don't screw it up. Got a little room in my deep freezer, and a .280, that needs to nbe unleashed.
And again, to Woosley, listen to what Rose said#1, no one here, will lead you wrong, #2, look through the classifieds, here, and where ever you need to,to find what you want. And #3, but actually, most importantly, don't feel like you need to keep up with the Jones! There are lots of those here, and everywhere. Deals are out there, and it takes a little to find them, sometimes not. When I built my custom STW, I bought the barrel here, on LRH, very reasonable, he shipped to me, I had it threaded and fitted, and it was, is the most accurate rifle, I've ever fired. Peace out
Good luck. Thanks, I actually felt pretty bad for a minute but I still had all three buck tags so no big deal.

They were going crazy fighting and chasing a doe that I guess I just lost track of who was where and which was what, HA!

Good luck. Thanks, I actually felt pretty bad for a minute but I still had all three buck tags so no big deal.

They were going crazy fighting and chasing a doe that I guess I just lost track of who was where and which was what, HA!
Sounds like a three BANG, three FLOP affair.
Trying to think if I would feel guilty...........nope, not feeling it.
And at 500 to boot.....not

I saw a brand new, custom made STW, a few days ago, with a Montana action on it, for about $2000. Beautiful rifle, 26 inch barrel, McMillan stock. At a local gunshop. Gun only.

That would depend a great deal on your budget and what you like in rifles.

Personally I prefer the Winchester Model 70/Montana 1999 actions.

I occasionally see one in a Weatherby Accumark and I always have a hard time not buying them.
Rose, come to think of it, that may have been a Weatherby, I just assumed they use their own Mark 5, action. That thing was sweet. This shop was a Weatherby dealer as well.

Rose, come to think of it, that may have been a Weatherby, I just assumed they use their own Mark 5, action. That thing was sweet. This shop was a Weatherby dealer as well.
They guarantee MOA accuracy with factory ammo so it's hard to go wrong with the Accumark.

Remington made quite a few in the Sendero as well.

My all time favorite is the Winchester Model 70 Sharpshooter in 7mm Stw. They come up occasionally for sale but you really have to scrounge the interent with some regularity to catch them when they are for sale.

They guarantee MOA accuracy with factory ammo so it's hard to go wrong with the Accumark.
Remington made quite a few in the Sendero as well.

My all time favorite is the Winchester Model 70 Sharpshooter in 7mm Stw. They come up occasionally for sale but you really have to scrounge the interent with some regularity to catch them when they are for sale.
Rose, of all the STWS, I've owned, the Winchester Sharpshooter, was by far the classiest of all of them. The Schneider barrel, and the slick action, were a dream to shoot. The Mcmillan stock, full bedded. Deadly acurrate too.
I'd put that rifle in my cabinet, even if I never fired it again. Yeah, right.
Make no mistake about it, what ever gets in front of it, is on the endangered species.

Rose, of all the STWS, I've owned, the Winchester Sharpshooter, was by far the classiest of all of them. The Schneider barrel, and the slick action, were a dream to shoot. The Mcmillan stock, full bedded. Deadly acurrate too.
I'd put that rifle in my cabinet, even if I never fired it again. Yeah, right.
Make no mistake about it, what ever gets in front of it, is on the endangered species.
I have to brag on the Sharpshooter a little.

Today I'm heading out with clients to drop off a dog and look at some more.

There's a herd of 25-30 pigs in a wheatfield off to my right that starts running as soon as they see/hear us.

I race to the far end of the field hoping I can cut them off and drop a few with the AR.

Empty mag.

Grab the sharpshooter and get on the last pig in the herd, a 250lbs =/- boar.

He's running flat out as fast as he can at around 300 yards 20mph wind in his face crossing me at 90 Deg.

I lead him about eye level a foot and a half (length of his head nose to mid neck) and give it a squeeze.

He is stone dead before his nose even hits the ground apparently and does about five perfect cartwheels ending up pointed in the complete opposite direction.

The Peregrine VLR5 cut straight through his spine and exploded his hear/lungs with boney shrapnel making a perfect golf ball sized hole on exit.

All three clients look like they'd been hit with a lightning bolt and wanted to know what I shot him with.

Had to show it off and tell it's story.

And people wonder why it's my favorite rifle!!!

It's put about 2 tons of pork and deer in the freezer this year alone along with being responsible for killing forty plus coyotes and I've given it only very sparing use this year since I've been having so much fun with the 375 Rugers.

It's a 600 yard laser beam and capable of oh so much more.