7MM STW brass,"dented" shoulders

with a long case like the 7stw I lay the shoulder of the case just over the edge of the lube pad so it never sees any lube... the only real sizing work being done on a case like this is near the web anyway so you are simply wasting lube getting it all over the shoulder/ neck area and making dents.

As to One Stuck and the Dillon spray lubes - I will not use them. I'm sure they work well enough on smaller cases but I've had issues with them with bigger stuff.

I ordered some Imperial die wax yesterday from Amazon! Thank you for the info. Can't wait to try it.
Do you also use Imperial case neck lube? I ordered that, too.
Well, I don't use the Imperial neck lube, BUT I do use powdered graphite on a nylon brush passed through the neck prior to sizing.
I moved away from bushings quite some time ago and find more concentric loads with PROPERLY sized die necks and expander buttons.
Even my 416 Rigby has an altered die neck and altered/polished expander button!

Cheers.

Thank You. By yours name, you must be a fan of the 7 mm stw? Do you have any favorite loads you'd like to share?
I've been using a 140 nosler accubond with 82 rl25 and a 215 in rem brass since 2004 (the buck in my pic was brained at 300 yards this last year with that load)... rl22 and a 140-150 will also work well in most barrels. If you want to step up to 175-180 grain pills I prefer 5010, but it isn't really available any longer. Any of the stick 50bmg offerings will work and you should be able to go to 86 grains or so before you run out of room; consult a reloading manual of course for the specific powder.

I've been using a 140 nosler accubond with 82 rl25 and a 215 in rem brass since 2004 (the buck in my pic was brained at 300 yards this last year with that load)... rl22 and a 140-150 will also work well in most barrels. If you want to step up to 175-180 grain pills I prefer 5010, but it isn't really available any longer. Any of the stick 50bmg offerings will work and you should be able to go to 86 grains or so before you run out of room; consult a reloading manual of course for the specific powder.
RL22 and the Berger 168 works wonders too!

Thank You. By yours name, you must be a fan of the 7 mm stw? Do you have any favorite loads you'd like to share?
Confirmed my load this week with a new lot of Retumbo, Berger 180 hybrid, Fed 215m, Nosler 8mm rem mag brass. 26' Bartlein 5R 1:8 twist 3b. Charge weight is 76.7 gr retumbo @ 3,035 fps. No pressure signs at 76*, very good accuracy. Work up slowly, as I was using HBN coating.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.