7MM STW brass,"dented" shoulders

If you are worried about resized brass sticking inside the neck or pulling too hard....putting a thin amount of slick'em(whatever you use) on the first case then maybe your tenth is plenty usually to let things work......anything outside the case mouth goes straight into the neck sized and pushes into the vent.....and in this case(exactly) looks like the culprit...

Too much, obviously! I also was using a 30 caliber brush to lube in inside case neck and not being careful to remove the excess. Could that cause the denting of the case shoulder?

Refrain from what you're doing and start fresh. BTW, your reloading manual should also say how to lube. You do have a reloading manual right?

We all have different ways of lubing our brass. Most of the time I do mine is similar to ...

and

https://youtu.be/Fq7GvD1rriM?t=1

A994DB54-3DE8-4C06-868E-51AD0ADFBE10.jpeg
This will be your best friend. I have mostly Redding does that do not have a pin hole for extra lube to pass through. I use this on the necks and to the shoulders of my brass and then lube the body for FL sizing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.