7mm SS Vs 30 SS in a short action

jsthntn247

I have a Mausingfield short action and a Manners carbon fiber stock I'd like to use for a long range hunting build with a carbon fiber barrel. The bottom is cut for M5 bottom metal. What mags or bottom metal could I use to help seat bullets out longer if going with the 30ss, I'd like to use 215's. What would be real world attainable velocities with each,7mm 180's vs 215's? I have plenty of Re26 and H1000. I'd like to keep the barrel length at 24".

I have a Mausingfield short action and a Manners carbon fiber stock I'd like to use for a long range hunting build with a carbon fiber barrel. The bottom is cut for M5 bottom metal. What mags or bottom metal could I use to help seat bullets out longer if going with the 30ss, I'd like to use 215's. What would be real world attainable velocities with each,7mm 180's vs 215's? I have plenty of Re26 and H1000. I'd like to keep the barrel length at 24".
Id say 2850 with a 215 and 3000' with a 180. about max for both in a 24"

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts