7mm sherman max

Or could be your ejector pushing case over and denting one edge of case mouth flat
My annealed brass does just this. I usually wiggle a new bullet into the mouth of the case, then it drops right in if the neck clearance is correct. It only takes a .002 dent in the brass to make that bullet stick right there.

I want to neck down 300 Saum to eventually 6.5 max can I use 7 Saum neck bushing die to get it to 6.5 neck

Went and did pressure testing for N565 and 180's today.
60 gr 2772
61 gr 2855
62 gr 2904
63 gr 2943
64 gr 3030 slight ejector mark
65 gr 3065 ejector mark
66 gr 3108 sticky bolt
I figured I'd give this a go…… new Bartlein CF 26" with only 20 rounds so far. Did 3ea at 63, 63.5, and 64. CCI 200 and 180 hybrids loaded to 3.1250 OAL which is on lans as I'm just breaking in barrel. Barley got 2700 FPS.

I figured I'd give this a go…… new Bartlein CF 26" with only 20 rounds so far. Did 3ea at 63, 63.5, and 64. CCI 200 and 180 hybrids loaded to 3.1250 OAL which is on lans as I'm just breaking in barrel. Barley got 2700 FPS.
Were you using N565 also? Were you seeing signs of pressure at 64 grains? I had the best results with N570 and H1000, using large magnum primers. Fastest loads with the heavies was with N570. Would be interesting to try N568. That barrel is likely going to speed up considerably after you get a few more rounds on it.

Why didn't I see the 7 MAX before I started this Tikka build! I saw the 7SS, but didn't need it to fit in a short action so looked right over it. I now have a 7SAUM Carbon6 prefit that I assume I could just ream a little further with a 7 MAX reamer and run with that. I wanted to get it throated deeper anyway to stick the bullet out a bit more.

I wouldn't have any issues selling the brass and dies off.

Is it worth the effort to upgrade to the 7MAX? I'm planning on running the 175gr ABLR since that's what I've got.

All I saw were Hornady Dies and I'm not a huge fan of those. Any other die options for the 7MAX? Ide prefer RCBS or Redding.

Why didn't I see the 7 MAX before I started this Tikka build! I saw the 7SS, but didn't need it to fit in a short action so looked right over it. I now have a 7SAUM Carbon6 prefit that I assume I could just ream a little further with a 7 MAX reamer and run with that. I wanted to get it throated deeper anyway to stick the bullet out a bit more.

I wouldn't have any issues selling the brass and dies off.

Is it worth the effort to upgrade to the 7MAX? I'm planning on running the 175gr ABLR since that's what I've got.

All I saw were Hornady Dies and I'm not a huge fan of those. Any other die options for the 7MAX? Ide prefer RCBS or Redding.
I would build the MEGA if you have the Tikka Action....big boost and no set back needed.

I would build the MEGA if you have the Tikka Action....big boost and no set back needed.
Is the MEGA pretty comparable to the 7 Blaser Mag they have across the pond?

Who makes dies for the 7 MEGA?

Do you know any gunsmiths around Gillette, WY with the reamer?

Is there a chart anywhere comparing the 7SAUM, 7WSM, and all the Sherman offerings? Its gonna cost me $75 to have it taken apart and throated as Carbon6 only had the SAAMI reamer when I ordered it. Now I guess he has a longer throated reamer.

Last edited:
Is the MEGA pretty comparable to the 7 Blaser Mag they have across the pond?

Who makes dies for the 7 MEGA?

Do you know any gunsmiths around Gillette, WY with the reamer?
Not around Gillette, but down here in sw wyoming, straitjacket armory out of Evanston will probably have it soon. They have all the other Sherman variants. Rich can answer as to performance and dies

That's good to know. I haven't had good luck with Hornady Dies so I try to steer clear of them.
My 7 MEGA with a 26'" barrel runs the 175 at 3180' at high node and shoots .2's
It has a .334"long neck and will be king of the mid action rifles. I will have Hornady full length bushing dies or custom Micron Precision likely as a pre order option only. Head stamped ADG brass in January will require minimal fire forming.

My 7 MEGA with a 26'" barrel runs the 175 at 3180' at high node and shoots .2's
It has a .334"long neck and will be king of the mid action rifles. I will have Hornady full length bushing dies or custom Micron Precision likely as a pre order option only. Head stamped ADG brass in January will require minimal fire forming.
What's the H20 Case capacity difference of the 7SAUM, SS, MAX and MEGA? I'm working with a short 18" barrel and don't want to create a fire breather, but would also like to get to 2800+.

Recent Posts